brakes squeal

h23vtc95accrd

my 95 accord squeals when i put on the brakes. i put new pads on all four wheels but it still squeals im pretty sure i need new rotors but just wanted to make sure before i buy them any ideas??

what pads? did you bed them properly?

i also had a lot of noise problems on my accord when using semi-metallic pads.. switched to wagner thermoquiet organic pads and all noise went away...

the car came with ceramic (organic) and you should stick with that

i forgot what that spray is called that we would spray on the rotors and pads when we put new ones on when i worked at midas... but it prevents new pads and rotors from squeeking..

ive always had squeeky brakes when i did it at my house and theyre new..

I have never had new pads/rotors/brakes make any noise. I always follow the Helms manual instructions regarding the removal of both caliper pins and the replacement/refreshing of the molybdenum disulfate grafite lubricant both on the pins and behind the pads.

Just go to the auto parts store and look for a lubricant that contains molybdenum disulfate and grafite; it will be the same stuff that Honda dealership provides with their pads.

I have never had new pads/rotors/brakes make any noise. I always follow the Helms manual instructions regarding the removal of both caliper pins and the replacement/refreshing of the molybdenum disulfate grafite lubricant both on the pins and behind the pads.

If you didn't already I'd do like what was mentioned above and put that anti squeak lube on the outside of the pad.As long as the brake pedal dosen't pulsate,and rotors aren't grooved the rotors should be ok.

Archived