Konig Runaways?

Hey guys I'm looking into some Konig Runaways 17" black wheels for my civic. Are they good quality wheels if not what is recommended in this price range?

Also factory offset for my wheels is 45 and the runaways are 40. Does this mean that I will have positive or negative offset?

How much are the runaways?

OZ Ultraleggeras are very similar, and I've been thinking about getting them for a long time.

The runaways are $145 a piece from discounttire.com

LOL ok those are MUCH cheaper than OZ.

You gonna order a set? What color is your EM2, btw?

I was thinking about getting a set yeah. I just wanted to see what everyone else's opinion was. My civic is nighthawk black, so it's pure secks ;)

i like that style and the color goes with pretty much everything. the offset will just make the rims look slightly deeper than your stock ones.

So the wheel will actually be in 5mm more than the ones I have on now? Will the side walls of the tire and rim go in too or just the bolt pattern? I don't think I should notice a difference...

I was thinking about getting a set yeah. I just wanted to see what everyone else's opinion was. My civic is nighthawk black, so it's pure secks ;)

So the wheel will actually be in 5mm more than the ones I have on now? Will the side walls of the tire and rim go in too or just the bolt pattern? I don't think I should notice a difference...

No...that's wrong. 2 things that play a role into how "flush" a wheel sits with the fender. One is offset and the second is the width of the wheel A 45 offset on a 6" wide wheel (just a guess as to your stock width) versus a 40 offset on a 7" wide wheel....the 7"/40offset wheel will come out of the fender well 18mm farther than stock. That means that the outside of the wheel will come out more flush to the edge of the fender. That same setup will also take up an additional 8mm on the backside. Hope that makes sense. I'm honestly not sure what Pballer meant by "look deeper" as that has to do with the style of wheel more than the offset (though offset does play a role too).

No...that's wrong. 2 things that play a role into how "flush" a wheel sits with the fender. One is offset and the second is the width of the wheel A 45 offset on a 6" wide wheel (just a guess as to your stock width) versus a 40 offset on a 7" wide wheel....the 7"/40offset wheel will come out of the fender well 18mm farther than stock. That means that the outside of the wheel will come out more flush to the edge of the fender. That same setup will also take up an additional 8mm on the backside. Hope that makes sense. I'm honestly not sure what Pballer meant by "look deeper" as that has to do with the style of wheel more than the offset (though offset does play a role too).

Okay so this is the data page that compares the runaways to the stock rims (I had to compare it to the EX sedan because they don't have an option for the EX coupe): http://www.tiredealersites.com/konig2/defa...s&wid=28250

Also having negative offset is bad isn't it? I read it here:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoWheelOffsets.dos

Will I have negative offset with this size rims meaning will it rub on my fender from turning and such?

sry the website i looked at wasn't specific enough so i got confused.

sry the website i looked at wasn't specific enough so i got confused.

I wasn't saying you were wrong....I was saying his interpretation was wrong of thinking that the Konigs would sit in farther. I was correcting him in the fact that they will actually stick Out farther. I just wasn't sure what you meant by "look deeper" unless you were talking about the "dish" part of the rim....in which case a lower offset will cause a deeper dish usually.

I wasn't saying you were wrong....I was saying his interpretation was wrong of thinking that the Konigs would sit in farther. I was correcting him in the fact that they will actually stick Out farther. I just wasn't sure what you meant by "look deeper" unless you were talking about the "dish" part of the rim....in which case a lower offset will cause a deeper dish usually.

yeah that's what i meant. the lip of the rim will stick out farther from the hub, so the hub would set in farther than the rest of the rim

Okay so this is the data page that compares the runaways to the stock rims (I had to compare it to the EX sedan because they don't have an option for the EX coupe): http://www.tiredealersites.com/konig2/defa...s&wid=28250

Also having negative offset is bad isn't it? I read it here:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoWheelOffsets.dos

Will I have negative offset with this size rims meaning will it rub on my fender from turning and such?

I guess this is the question you are wanting answered? Well, I didn't answer it because it really makes no sense to me. You can't have negative offset. To my knowledge, a zero offset is as low as you can go.

I guess this is the question you are wanting answered? Well, I didn't answer it because it really makes no sense to me. You can't have negative offset. To my knowledge, a zero offset is as low as you can go.

wouldn't a neg offset mean the hub is further in than the center line of the rim? they are definitely around. the rims i wanted for my truck had -38mm offset, but those were off road rims and 10" wide.

wouldn't a neg offset mean the hub is further in than the center line of the rim? they are definitely around. the rims i wanted for my truck had -38mm offset, but those were off road rims and 10" wide.

Yeah the negative offset means that the hub is farther in.

Archived