Armrest Console Upgrade?

thorswhisper

Does anyone know of an alternative armrest console that would be an improvement over the stock Del Sol one? Something with cupholders that are actually useable would be nice. Mainly looking for something with a little higher armrest, but would like to stay within the honda marque.

nothing from another vehicle would work. ive seen guys get a cup holder that can wedge in between the passenger seat and the console. takes away a little room for the passenger but it works.

Not opposed to modifying another honda console. I have very good fabrication skills. The hard part is determining which other console has the general same layout for the handbrake, as the Del Sol as its more to the right side, whereas most others are dead center. Width of the console is also a consideration as well. The length from the handbrake surround foward is not really that much of a concern, as I imagine that will have to be plastic welded to the Del Sol Audio console the keep the appearance the same. Have considered the Prelude console from a RHD as it looks close. Once I get this figured out Ill plan to do a limited run of these for others as well. Not really looking to make much in the way of money from this, just want a more comfortable console for longer trips. Any suggestions are greatly welcome.

dude seriously.

its a del sol not a luxury car or what not. screw cup holders. I dont eat or drink in my car. Can leave a mess here and there i drink but then closed bottles and i just lay them down. with the cap on tight. I made a switch box in my center console no need for cup holders in a 2 seater.

dude seriously.

its a del sol not a luxury car or what not. screw cup holders. I dont eat or drink in my car. Can leave a mess here and there i drink but then closed bottles and i just lay them down. with the cap on tight. I made a switch box in my center console no need for cup holders in a 2 seater.

Dude Seriously.

Ive taken 2000 mile plus trips in a Sol and I know first hand that a better armrest console option would certainly be welcome by me, as well as some others here. BTW I am perfectly capable of consuming food and beverages without trashing my vehicle. This post was meant to hopefully gain useful information, not opinions about my use or need for such a console. Thanks for the advice though....

f*ck cupholders theyre a crutch, quit crying like a little b!tch and let your balls get cold every once and a while

EDIT:: i have no problem with my arm rest and/or cupholders

Dude Seriously.

Ive taken 2000 mile plus trips in a Sol and I know first hand that a better armrest console option would certainly be welcome by me, as well as some others here. BTW I am perfectly capable of consuming food and beverages without trashing my vehicle. This post was meant to hopefully gain useful information, not opinions about my use or need for such a console. Thanks for the advice though....

try driving from delaware to almost to wyoming in the sol. never needed a cup holder. most high in cars like the Lamborghini dont have cup holders either.

f*ck cupholders theyre a crutch, quit crying like a little b!tch and let your balls get cold every once and a while

EDIT:: i have no problem with my arm rest and/or cupholders

Speaks the Truth!

i drove my del sol from chicago to niagara falls, down to new york, and back to chicago. about 2400 miles. didn't need cup holders. get beverages with caps on them!

all that effort just to put a beverage you can't close in a holder doesn't seem worth it. not to mention any drinks in our existing cup holders aren't very comfy when

driving stick, or 2000 plus miles. you act like you're the only one that drives your sol.

i drove my del sol from chicago to niagara falls, down to new york, and back to chicago. about 2400 miles. didn't need cup holders. get beverages with caps on them!

all that effort just to put a beverage you can't close in a holder doesn't seem worth it. not to mention any drinks in our existing cup holders aren't very comfy when

driving stick, or 2000 plus miles. you act like you're the only one that drives your sol.

How in the world did this whole CUP HOLDER issue become the main focal point of this?... That was merely a portion of what was considered. My main thought was: Is there an upgrade ARMREST console that could be utilized to an improved degree over that of a stock Del Sol. If you dont know why bother to respond? If youve done one, or have knowledge of another having done one, fine. Whether or not I NEED any of these things is TOTALLY illrelevant. People really dont NEED chin spoilers, wings,larger motors,Translucent tops,or even radios for that matter. Still most here have pursued modification to some degree or the other.

glass tops on the del sol totally rock! and who doesn't need a larger engine?

so what exactly is wrong with your current arm rest?

i don't think i've ever come across anyone modding that part.

I think the consensus was that you pretty much need to modify the existing armrest/console to achieve what you are looking for.

I say find another sol console and combine the two.

Post pics so I at least can see what exactly you are looking to modify.

How in the world did this whole CUP HOLDER issue become the main focal point of this?... That was merely a portion of what was considered. My main thought was: Is there an upgrade ARMREST console that could be utilized to an improved degree over that of a stock Del Sol. If you dont know why bother to respond? If youve done one, or have knowledge of another having done one, fine. Whether or not I NEED any of these things is TOTALLY illrelevant. People really dont NEED chin spoilers, wings,larger motors,Translucent tops,or even radios for that matter. Still most here have pursued modification to some degree or the other.

chin spoiler........................? OOOOOH A LIP!!

ameripol targa tops are sex!

if you think people dont need radios send me your headunit then, ill take it because i believe that i need one, PM me and ill give you my address :thumbsup:

larger engines would be used for making your car go faster.. if you dont want a bigger engine/more power, youre not a guy :sleep2:

if u have "very good fabrication skills" why not jus make ur own armrest...it would be alot easier than askin around on here

+100000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just make your own mr fabman and quit f*cking crying :thumbsup:

chin spoiler........................? OOOOOH A LIP!!

ameripol targa tops are sex!

if you think people dont need radios send me your headunit then, ill take it because i believe that i need one, PM me and ill give you my address :thumbsup:

larger engines would be used for making your car go faster.. if you dont want a bigger engine/more power, youre not a guy :sleep2:

+100000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just make your own mr fabman and quit f*cking crying :thumbsup:

Well Ameripol tops are hard and transparent....hmmm. LOL. If thats your idea of sex, good for you!. My guess is your too young to really get my point anyway,so NEVERMIND. Ive managed to resolve the issue no thanks to the wonderful input of contributors here. But hey thanks for all the wonderful words of wisdom. Ive built cars for probably longer than youve lived and hardly find asking a simple question in any way crying. Thanks for the tissue though. Im Done 10-7

I get to drive my sol from here in southern california all the way up to worcester, massachusetts where I'll be living for a few months. that's like 3000 miles. it's gonna suck soysauce.

I get to drive my sol from here in southern california all the way up to worcester, massachusetts where I'll be living for a few months. that's like 3000 miles. it's gonna suck soysauce.

Damn thats 50 hours!!! I feel for ya. The worst part will be Nebraska and Iowa. But on the bright side MPG will pick up there.... Best of luck with that roll.

Damn thats 50 hours!!! I feel for ya. The worst part will be Nebraska and Iowa. But on the bright side MPG will pick up there.... Best of luck with that roll.

I've been through Nebraska, I hate it with a passion, haha. I'm not looking forward to that part.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived