Installing side skirts

GT4life

I am new to this forum so I couldn't get much from searching. I was wondering if anyone has a write up or knows how to install side skirts. I imagine I will be able to do it myself if i get a good write up. Thanks

well it depends on the quality of the sideskirts you get. if you get good ones, you can just put them up and bolt them on. most likely you may have to work with the fiberglass (if you get fiberglass ones) to get it to fit properly.

are they for your celica? i have no idea how they would hook up on there but i think on my civic there are holes along the bottom for the factory skirts. the cheap ones probably just use an adhesive, which would most likely work but once it stuck on it's not coming off, and if the fitment isn't right it'll be more of a pain to get it right.

• 2 weeks later...

pretty much wat it is is ur making the side skirt mold to ur body. So what most people do to mold is they use fiberglass or bondo. All ur doing is makin the side skirt part of ur car. So just mold the side skirt to the car itself. after u do that u sand the bondo/ fiberglass and primer and ur rdy to paint.

you dont have to mold them to your car. it does look better that way, but you'll have to most likely deal with cracking, and if you hit them with something youre in trouble.

true but he wants to mold them for some reason. U can prevent cracking but its not worth it to mold them its easy as hell to bolt them on.

no you really cant prevent it, just delay maybe. fiberglass, bondo, and sheet metal all flex differently and thats what causes it

no you really cant prevent it, just delay maybe. fiberglass, bondo, and sheet metal all flex differently and thats what causes it

true that. I only know that my friends is still not cracked and hes had his on there for bout 4 or 5 years we took bondo and put a layer under the side skirt then pressed the side skirt in it and molded the rest to the body but his is also a wide body kit so it didnt really matter how much more it stuck out with a little bondo under the side skirt. It does crack if it has a air bubble or deeper whole under the bondo which is y we did wat we did. Not disagreing with u or anything.

Archived