b18b1?! anyone have info?!

ok guys ive been searching for a long time on info for a b18b1 motor, everytime i search i get b18c1. but i need to know the strengths and weaknesses of a b18b1 motor. im buying a 92 hatch with one under the hood and i just want to make sure im not getting fked over on it. so can someone please enlighten me? thank you -dave

What do you need to know about it?

well igot the basics down(hp,tq,rpm stuff like that) i need to know the upgrade compatability, ease of upgrades, and problems that they tend to have. the guy already has this stuff installed.

-civic hatch with a b18b1 and gsr trans, fiber glass hood and front lip. carbon fiber duck bill. ractive racing seats, momo steering wheel with quick release hub. short shifter, full coilover suspension, mugen shift knob, digital shift light, tri pod with gauges, one piece projector headlights, short ram intake, apexi cat back exhaust, spoon style mirrors, painted tail lights, brand new clutch, brand new clutch slave cylinder

well igot the basics down(hp,tq,rpm stuff like that) i need to know the upgrade compatability, ease of upgrades, and problems that they tend to have.

Its a b18, upgrades are pretty much the easiest. the b18a and b18b are extrememly similar as far as upgrade compatibility. Ive seen these motors ls-vtec'd and turboed all the time. Good engine :thumbsup:

Its a b18, upgrades are pretty much the easiest. the b18a and b18b are extrememly similar as far as upgrade compatibility. Ive seen these motors ls-vtec'd and turboed all the time. Good engine :thumbsup:

cool thats good news, now hopefully this guy doesnt back out on me, i talked to him sunday night and have emailed him to set upa day to test drive his car, he still hasnt responded, if all else fails ill buy my cousins b18c1. has a burnt piston wall from excess fuel, but a hone can fix that :):thumbsup:

The b-series has extensive aftermarket support. Plus the b18b1's hold up really well to forced induction. (i.e. turbo)

Most people just slap on a vtec head and call it a day, but you'd be better off boosting it in my opinion.

Plus you can swap the transmission out for a b16 one or gsr one for better acceleration.

The b-series has extensive aftermarket support. Plus the b18b1's hold up really well to forced induction. (i.e. turbo)

Most people just slap on a vtec head and call it a day, but you'd be better off boosting it in my opinion.

Plus you can swap the transmission out for a b16 one or gsr one for better acceleration.

thats awesome, im trying to set upa day to go see his car, but he hasnt responded in a few days. he does have a gsr trans init,or says that he does. only downsides to the car is that the fuel and temp guage dont work, he says it needs a new cluster.and it pulls hard to the left when u let go of the steering wheel, thats probably a alignment problem, he doesnt see any damage to the suspension or anything. but ill be sure to check myself

Archived