Clicking Clutch Pedal

Velocifero

For a fairly long time now, when I press down on the clutch pedal, I get a fairly audible clicking sound coming from the pedal itself. It happens about every time and has gotten very f*king annoying and is driving me insane. It's difficult to duplicate by hand for some reason so I can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not even sure where to start on the pedal. It isn't the throw out bearing is it?

• 2 weeks later...

we talked on the SB yesterday.. to me it sounds like a TO bearing, but im not too sure..

how you describe it sounds kind of like how my sol did before it went out

It didn't sound like a bad throw out bearing to me because he hears clicking when he presses the clutch pedal down.

Which is exactly what says it's the TOB. They make noise when loaded.

mine was making noises when i would press the clutch pedal in and would sound HORRID when i released the clutch.. then it finally gave out

That's a failing clutch disc. Was your flywheel chewed up as well?

not sure, the clutch and flywheel was changed about a month after i left home..

what seems really odd to me is that it sat behind my garage for that month, then when my step dad took it to the shop.. it ran fine :crazy: but my mom trailed just in case anyways

It didn't sound like a bad throw out bearing to me because he hears clicking when he presses the clutch pedal down.

I replaced the clutch MC and the clicking went away for 10 min, they stopped shifting all together. SO. Had it towed today to a tranny shop to have it looked at and they found almost right away that the firewall was flexing when the pedal was being pushed down. ARG!!!!!! I felt it flex too but assumed it was the pedal. So now i'm on the hunt for someone to weld in a piece of metal to reinforce the firewall. Tranny shop called 6 shops and only 1 wanted to even look at it. !@#$% I've got two other people who may be able to do it. Pray for me guys.. :help:

Turns out I didn't have a 3rd bolt on top of the pedal assembly as well as 1/4" spacers between the pedal and firewall. I got it working yesterday and adjusted the pedal today. Works great! So glad to drive her again. The clicking was from the old MC methinks. Because of the lack of the 3rd bolt, the MC was going in and out and an angle. It's nice and secure now and the piston goes in straight now.

Archived