accord being offerd to me

darkenddream

so my friend is selling me his accord 2.2l vtec engine

is a 4 door

5speed transmission manual

he has some things put on his car like a shortram intake and other things he wont tell me about unless i buy it lol

i currently own a civic just wanted to know how fast are these cars??

i know he beat an 09 si with his car

he is selling it to me for 2g

is an accord a good car to tune? i dont see too many ppl tuning those cars up

so my friend is selling me his accord 2.2l vtec engine

is a 4 door

5speed transmission manual

he has some things put on his car like a shortram intake and other things he wont tell me about unless i buy it lol

i currently own a civic just wanted to know how fast are these cars??

i know he beat an 09 si with his car

he is selling it to me for 2g

is an accord a good car to tune? i dont see too many ppl tuning those cars up

Take a look at my profile then rethink that last statement buddy. I know plenty of people with bitchin H22s like mine NA or turbo. A F22b1 5th gen Accord could not beat an '09 Civic Si, unless he had an H22, was turboed, or running nitrous, or some or all of the above. Stock, your friend would have got whooped upon.

Why the hell wouldn't he tell you what he's done to it??

Just because of that, I'd say no.

Otherwise, I'd say yes if it's in good shape.

the car is in great condition and he does have an h22 that he swapped that car is not stock

This person is not your friend if they are trying to con you into buying a car without telling you what has been done to it.

• 8 months later...
Take a look at my profile then rethink that last statement buddy. I know plenty of people with bitchin H22s like mine NA or turbo. A F22b1 5th gen Accord could not beat an '09 Civic Si, unless he had an H22, was turboed, or running nitrous, or some or all of the above. Stock, your friend would have got whooped upon.

do you know anything about the j30A that comes in the 98-2001 accord coupe. its a 3.0L v6 vtec and im considering on buuying one and building it. any suggestions? should i swap that motor? im pretty sure that the one ill be getting is an auto, but any suggestions on a 5sp or 6sp maanual swap to go along with it?

do you know anything about the j30A that comes in the 98-2001 accord coupe. its a 3.0L v6 vtec and im considering on buuying one and building it. any suggestions? should i swap that motor? im pretty sure that the one ill be getting is an auto, but any suggestions on a 5sp or 6sp maanual swap to go along with it?

That generation was notorious for having automatic tranny failures. So much so that Honda extended the warranty on just them. As the V6 only came in auto those years, it will be potentially plagued by the same problem. But hey, it might not. It's risky no doubt so choose wisely. The motor is good, it's the tranny that's the Achilles heel.

Archived