turbo

04GT

hey guys, my friend has a 1994 honda del sol 1.5L and he was looking at a turbo kit to bolt onto his car.. I tried to help him out but it came down to conflict of advice between friends so not knowing much about the application I decided to post the question here

basically what I'm asking is if he buys this kit...

https://speedzonemotorsports.com/product.php?productid=3603

(besides simple wrenching, bolting and other tuning of the A/F ratio)

would he have everything he needs in that kit? or would he have to otherwise prep any of the exsisting components of his car for this kit?

all he has ATM is a CAI and stock manifold going into no cats, going into a catback.... (sorry I don't know what they are called) where the muffler is the exhaust tip, other less friendly muscle car guys call them fart cans or whatever but to me it sounds a little rude

any help would be appreciated

Looks fine. He may want to look into a new fuel pump, injectors, head studs, and maybe a clutch before he installs that. Make sure the car is in good mechanical condition(Doesn't leak oil, etc). Other than that, make sure he gets a good tune.

Looks fine. He may want to look into a new fuel pump, injectors, head studs, and maybe a clutch before he installs that. Make sure the car is in good mechanical condition(Doesn't leak oil, etc). Other than that, make sure he gets a good tune.

thanks for the quick reply. I showed this to him and he has gotten the same reponses from a few other of his friends so you basically confirmed the right informaion he was getting... any other tidbits he needs to know or does this basically cover it?

if he throws a turbo kit on a 1.5, he better be running some low ass boost or hes going to be saving for a new motor.

honestly, i dont think its a very smart move to throw a turbo kit on a 1.5, the limitations you have arent really worth it. i think nate wanted to do something of this sort so maybe he can chime in better and prove me wrong.

i say at least upgrade to a d16 and throw a kit on that.

i doubt he will need to put a clutch in, he wont be making enough power over stock to need one. i do suggest injectors, and some kind of tune.

and if you are going to be going into headstuds, your going to have the motor apart. no point of having just headstuds. and going into a motor on a 1.5 again i dont think you should really do.i dont really agree with getting headstuds.

basically, if your friend does do this, i say get a turbo kit with supporting mods (like injectors, some kind of em) and a conservative tune on low boost.

if he throws a turbo kit on a 1.5, he better be running some low ass boost or hes going to be saving for a new motor.

honestly, i dont think its a very smart move to throw a turbo kit on a 1.5, the limitations you have arent really worth it. i think nate wanted to do something of this sort so maybe he can chime in better and prove me wrong.

i say at least upgrade to a d16 and throw a kit on that.

i doubt he will need to put a clutch in, he wont be making enough power over stock to need one. i do suggest injectors, and some kind of tune.

and if you are going to be going into headstuds, your going to have the motor apart. no point of having just headstuds. and going into a motor on a 1.5 again i dont think you should really do.i dont really agree with getting headstuds.

basically, if your friend does do this, i say get a turbo kit with supporting mods (like injectors, some kind of em) and a conservative tune on low boost.

I've seen a few ruined motors because of a bolt on kit + stock motor. New head gasket & head studs aren't a bad idea. However, it is a d15, and you're right. He probably won't make enough power to tear anything up. Sounds like he's doing it more for fun than for serious numbers anyway.

Archived