quick question about paint

MugenKid91

ok i have been workn on my bodywork for a little while now, im ready for primer and i need to know if the is some kind of sealent or something i need to put on the roof of my car b/c we had to take it down to bare metal. the rest of the car is primed just not the roof.

Paint it, or use a primer/sealer combo. In all honesty, if the primer isn't coated, it will rust to as normal primer is porous.

thanks bro i just wasnt sure if i need a sealer or if i could just primer it and not have to worry about it

Just please don't leave the car primer :rant:

I can't stand when people won't take the extra step and lay a coat of color. Primer just has the tendency to make nice cars look like complete garbage! It doesn't even have to be pretty just not primer. people look down their noses at us tuners enough as it is, and people just being lazy and not using color when they paint their car does not help out.

Just please don't leave the car primer :rant:

I can't stand when people won't take the extra step and lay a coat of color. Primer just has the tendency to make nice cars look like complete garbage! It doesn't even have to be pretty just not primer. people look down their noses at us tuners enough as it is, and people just being lazy and not using color when they paint their car does not help out.

lol nah primers just not gonna do it for me haha. im thinkn about a grey kinda dark but not to dark b/c im gettn carbonfiber lips, so i want the carbonfiber to stand out better.

lol nah primers just not gonna do it for me haha. im thinkn about a grey kinda dark but not to dark b/c im gettn carbonfiber lips, so i want the carbonfiber to stand out better.

Why, so it will be a theft target? Paint over CF, unless you want it potentially stolen.

painting the CF would defeat the purpose of CF.

which to me, is looks, bc the weight reduction isn't going to do crap lol.

that's like saying don't buy an Integra because they're stolen often.

and you dont really get a weight reduction by adding a front lip

Ricer. No seriously, people who don't paint over CF, do it so they can say, "look at how much money I have to waste on show." Also, in the Honda world, where theft is rampant, you are asking for it to be stolen. His choice however, I merely offered a suggestion. Mis-matched colors on cars typically look like crap without some kind of flow. You start replacing multiple panels in CF, and you are talking a significant weight reduction. On the Talon I can replace the hood, hatch, front fenders, and doors. Don't know exactly how much that would save, but I'm betting over 100 pounds easy.

most cf parts don't even weigh that much less than stock at this point, seeing how it became more of a show piece way back when.

Archived