shaved door handles

jessica_sol

I'm thinking about shaving my door handles. I am trying to look into poppers with a remote, does anyone know where I can find some good ones that aren't insanely expensive? Also if I wanted to get vertical doors in the near future is there certain poppers that I need or how do I do that? Thanks for your help

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alright let me tear into this thread.

DUDE DONT SHAVE DOOR HANDELS ON A DEL SOL THERE ALREADY KINDA SHAVED

door poppers go bad all the time. then your screwd. Unless you live in ohio you may have trouble passing inspection with them shaved

remote go bad like battery your screwed untill u get new batterys even then you have to be in there car to synce the new battery that are in the remote to work with your car. trust me not worth it and actually look pretty stupied in my cass you going to shave anything the attenna be cool if you dont use the radio.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion can i not have mine? I happen to like the look, everyone has their own taste. Some people like it some people don't. If you don't like it then that's fine but I'm asking for help, not if you like it or hate it.

People are trying to shoo you away from making a stupid mistake because WHEN they DO finally fail, you are going to be on here wondering HOW it is you are going to be able to get BACK into your car?

I was just looking at that exact sol actually. I like the look. I understand that your firm on your opinion and I appreciate your advice.

what sol the blue one with the crapty body work????

I had a friend with shave door handles if u brake the control or get it wet or anything u cant open your car door up at all.

I was just looking at that exact sol actually. I like the look. I understand that your firm on your opinion and I appreciate your advice.

autoloc makes some reliable ones and they are a well know company.

also you dont have to worry about the solenoid going out, because most kits come with a manual back up that you locate somewhere. a lot of people put these in the fender wells behind the plastic so it doesnt get pushed by mistake

also you dont have to worry about the solenoid going out, because most kits come with a manual back up that you locate somewhere. a lot of people put these in the fender wells behind the plastic so it doesnt get pushed by mistake

Yah no wear noticable cause then someone can find it and brake into your car very easy..

thanks for your advice.

Vertical Doors that another bad subject for a del sol.... Im sorry im stating the trust. One of my buds wanted them on his sol but he found the bad news about them.. If you wanna kno Just Ask...

1. they suck.

2. they ruin your weather stripping cause your roof to leak.

3. if you dont get the good ones they are a pain in the ass to open.

4. good set will run you 1500-2000 dollars. some of its bolt on and the rest are welded inside the fender

5. most places charge about 1500 to install them.

6. you dont just open your door and push up if u get hte cheap ones you got to open the door almost 1/4 way then normal then push up the exspensive ones go up on a spring mechanism but require some strength to pull back down and then try and shut them.

Yours prolly think man this guy is a d***

Im just helping you out. I respect and love that your into cars. I wish i had a girl who is into cars.:)

oh wow... shaved handles = fail, door poppers = fail, lambo doors = fail... this thread = fail :sleep2:

my $0.02

1.Lambo doors=1500 dollars

2.door poppers=300

3.labor=1500=

4.reading ct9a post priceless

1. they suck.

2. they ruin your weather stripping cause your roof to leak.

3. if you dont get the good ones they are a pain in the ass to open.

4. good set will run you 1500-2000 dollars. some of its bolt on and the rest are welded inside the fender

5. most places charge about 1500 to install them.

6. you dont just open your door and push up if u get hte cheap ones you got to open the door almost 1/4 way then normal then push up the exspensive ones go up on a spring mechanism but require some strength to pull back down and then try and shut them.

Yours prolly think man this guy is a d***

Im just helping you out. I respect and love that your into cars. I wish i had a girl who was into cars. :)

okay here goes...

1. once again i happen to like them

2. my roof already leaks so nothing new there

3. i'm planning on saving to get a good set

4. not a problem

5. i have hook ups so it won't cost me even half that to get them installed

6. thats one of those things you gotta sacrifice, not everything is all positive

okay here goes...

1. once again i happen to like them

2. my roof already leaks so nothing new there

3. i'm planning on saving to get a good set

4. not a problem

5. i have hook ups so it won't cost me even half that to get them installed

6. thats one of those things you gotta sacrifice, not everything is all positive

Well im glad that doesnt bother you. cause i wouldnt want my roof leaking ruin brand new carpet and such....'

So anyways you have any pix of your car?

oh btw lambo doors ends the clean look. trust me i go to lots of car shows and show my car lol

Archived