Want to turbo my Si Stock!

So i got this car Feb 4 and i want to turbo it stock i got the car for $4,900 (cheap) and it came with

<br>

Spoon sports short shifter and knob.HIDs.Type R vavle cover.#1 Exhaust.Injen short ram intake.Alphine head unit.

<br>

i have only put a 12" L7 in a probox

<br>

the car runs good and i want to turbo it stock but i dont know how many psi is safe..what you guys think?????

<br>

Siiii.jpg

<br>

Siii.jpg

<br>

Siiiii.jpg

<br>

transpar.jpg

I think you need to do a LOT of research and not rely on random internet forum strangers to spout psi numbers at you.

22 psi will be safe on the stock motor.

See? That was total bullsh!t.

Also I think if you wanna go faster, you should avoid hauling around 100 lbs worth of stereo equipment with you.

PS, congrats on the car and a good deal. :thumbsup:

I think you need to do a LOT of research and not rely on random internet forum strangers to spout psi numbers at you.

22 psi will be safe on the stock motor.

See? That was total bullsh!t.

Also I think if you wanna go faster, you should avoid hauling around 100 lbs worth of stereo equipment with you.

PS, congrats on the car and a good deal.:thumbsup:

oh i know that im not that dumb but im looking around and i would like to do 8psi because im not really a racer i just like how turbos sound and all. i would like to get a bit over 200hp but i dont klnow how much a set will run and what set up to get ive been told 5 psi and it will cost $4,400 and i wont even get 200hp i thought it was rediculuos and was hoping a car builder would see my post.

oh i know that im not that dumb but im looking around and i would like to do 8psi because im not really a racer i just like how turbos sound and all. i would like to get a bit over 200hp but i dont klnow how much a set will run and what set up to get ive been told 5 psi and it will cost $4,400 and i wont even get 200hp i thought it was rediculuos and was hoping a car builder would see my post.

200whp will NOT be hard to reach boosting a b16. You have to choose the right turbo, upgrade fuel system, and have it tuned well.

if the car can take 300whp as people are saying online, then 250 whp would be safe and last longer (assuming proper tune) and would be fun. 200whp is more than you think on a car that weighs less than 3000lb, and you'll be doubling your torque.

oh i know that im not that dumb but im looking around and i would like to do 8psi because im not really a racer just like how turbos sound and all. i would like to get a bit over 200hp but i dont klnow how much a set will run and what set up to get ive been told 5 psi and it will cost $4,400 and i wont even get 200hp i thought it was rediculuos and was hoping a car builder would see my post.

Don't tell me you're some kind of ricer that likes how the BOV sounds when it goes off. Turbos, you don't really hear so much as feel. With the right tune, 10 or even 15 psi can be safe. Every motor is different. 8 psi with a good tune is excellent, but I'd go ahead and shoot for 10 and a great tune. 300 WHP is easy to achieve on a stock B series.

As their saying you need to research. More than likely your be paying for the turbo build to be installed too. So least you can do is some research, find out what kind of turbo you want, etc. Having a b16 already sets you ahead of the game really.

In all honesty however throwing on say a Greddy Turbo kit with a good tune will likely land you around 250hp 200hp or close on lower 6-8psi. My friends civic's running the same setup right now.

Just for the record PSI doesn't mean crap.

8psi with a GT4202R is a little different than 8psi with a TDO4E.

Just putting that out there.

To a point, but it's a perfectly acceptable means of establishing a baseline.

• 3 weeks later...

great deal on your car looks clean do not and i repeat do not buy ebay turbo junk and cheap piping, front mounts, the whole deal buy a named brand kit like greddy and curious what size are you thinking about going?

Archived