New and used JDM Wheels

HaiSaiJDM

Anyone looking to buy wheels?

I can pretty much guarantee I can beat any prices from the websites or forum advertisements by at least $100, most of the time more though.

Also if you are looking for unusual sizes/offsets I can get them to you much quicker than any of the US companies can.

Used wheels is hit or miss as far as condition and availability goes, all depends what's available to me at the time.

If you are serious about buying some wheels, PM me or post in here exactly what you are looking for....wheel brand, model, size, offset, condition, and max you are willing to spend. I'll see what I can do for you. :)

4x100? 15"? Gold is tough, I've seen several silver sets in the past, not one gold though. I'll keep my eyes open for ya. You just had to give me a tough one for the first response to this thread? :D ;)

What style are you looking for? The only black SSR's I'm seeing in a quick search is the Vienna, and they aren't exactly a "sporty" wheel. Maybe SSR Professor SP1's?

SSR Type F's in flat black would be $1675 shipped to you. 16x6.5's are about $40 cheaper, 15x7's are about $70 cheaper. Not really a big difference in price.

The Type C's aren't listed with black as an option.

Used would cheaper, but there aren't any used black SSR's listed right now.

I can find Type F for $1200

try "Type C RS"

lol Rob - they are like 10 lb. wheels. Knockoffs would probably be twice that.

Try 3-4 pounds more than that....granted the authentic ones are stronger since the are forged and knockoffs aren't, but the weight difference isn't any 10lbs.....maybe for all 4 wheels. I'd love to have authentic wheels for my car, but I only paid 2250 for the car so I'm not going to drop near the same amount for a set of wheels/tires.

15" = 10.2lbs.

Congratulations.

15" Attack = 10lbs

15" Slipstreams = 12lbs

15" Circuit 8 - 12lbs

So you have a difference of 0-2 pounds for some of the more common Rotas. And those are weights straight from Rota's site. Don't get me wrong, I hate knockoffs too (kinda hate that I own a set), but weight is not the biggest difference. Rigidity and strength is bigger...a more quality rim overall with an authentic rim.

OK, didn't realize that. I like the Attacks, but not the other two. What's the pricing?

Not positive, but pretty cheap....something like 450-500 a set. The biggest difference is that Rotas are all cast wheels whereas most JDM wheels are forged and as we all know (look at pistons for example), forged is much stronger.

Rota's website is not showing me any weights. I saw the Attacks listed at 15" = 13lbs elsewhere.

But yea, I don't care about the authenticity either. I've been contemplating Italian O.Z. wheels if that tells you anything lol. Your wheels are actually similar to the style I'm looking for. Hell I might just get mine powdercoated black, who knows. I was just hoping there was an off chance Mr. HaiSai could get me some SSRs for 20 bux or something haha.

EDIT: Deleting the rest of my threadjack posts....

Rota's website is not showing me any weights. I saw the Attacks listed at 15" = 13lbs elsewhere.

But yea, I don't care about the authenticity either. I've been contemplating Italian O.Z. wheels if that tells you anything lol. Your wheels are actually similar to the style I'm looking for. Hell I might just get mine powdercoated black, who knows. I was just hoping there was an off chance Mr. HaiSai could get me some SSRs for 20 bux or something haha.

EDIT: Deleting the rest of my threadjack posts....

Rota Wheel Weights

....and deleting your post is stupid cause now you have all my responses to your posts without your original posts. Oh well, at least I quoted you in my posts....but yeah, still ghey.

At today's exchange rate, brand new 17x7.5 Bronze TE37's would be $2400 including shipping and paypal fees.

Or, there is an excellent condition used set available:

17x8.5 +30 for about $1730 (maybe these are too agressive in size, not sure)

If you are willing to go with agressive offsets and staggered fitment, it makes it easier. Tough to find these in the same size front/rear used.

All the sites I've seen online seem to sell them for about $680 a wheel + shipping. So that puts them at about $2800 shipped probably from most places.

At today's exchange rate, brand new 17x7.5 Bronze TE37's would be $2400 including shipping and paypal fees.

Or, there is an excellent condition used set available:

17x8.5 +30 for about $1730 (maybe these are too agressive in size, not sure)

If you are willing to go with agressive offsets and staggered fitment, it makes it easier. Tough to find these in the same size front/rear used.

All the sites I've seen online seem to sell them for about $680 a wheel + shipping. So that puts them at about $2800 shipped probably from most places.

If I were to buy some, they'd be going on a 96 TSi, so whatever offset was needed for their width. Some people like the staggered look, but not me personally. I figured them out of my price range. Looks like it's gonna be Rotas for me. Thanks.

Yeah, Volk's are expensive. Have you considered something like the Work XD9's or XT7's? About half the price of the Volk's still great looking, and only weigh a little more.

Yeah, Volk's are expensive. Have you considered something like the Work XD9's or XT7's? About half the price of the Volk's still great looking, and only weigh a little more.

No. I like the look of the TEs, so they'd have to look somewhat similar. Probably just pick up two sets of Grids. 17s for the Talon, and 15s for the Celica.

Archived