FS: Nikon D70s body only

CleanGSR

For Sale is a D70s body in great condition. I've used this body for about a year and a half and am the second owner. It will come with the pictured accessories including 2 1gb Compact Flash cards which are good for about 178 pictures each when shooting in RAW format. Asking price is $325 paypal'd and shipped within the Cont. U.S. PM me if interested.

I will also sell this with a 50mm f1.8 lens for an additional $85. So, $410 for a D70s body + 50mm f1.8 (shipping and paypal included)

Go to www.sidersphoto.com to view a ton of pictures taken with this camera. All family pictures from 2008 and the Lillian Snelson section are with the D70s and 50mm f1.8 combo. All images on my site are with the D70s.

2009-03-01_1_01.jpg

2009-03-01_2_01.jpg

2009-03-01_3_01.jpg

2009-03-01_5_01.jpg

2009-03-01_6_01.jpg

2009-03-01_8_01.jpg

2009-03-01_9_01.jpg

2009-03-01_01.jpg

If I thought I'd have a use for a DSLR, I'd be all over this. Fact is I'm just not as into photography as I used to be. I have an old 35mm SLR sitting here, that I don't even use anymore.

good deal.

what did you upgrade to?

D90. I love it and I'm probably one of the few D90 buyers who will actually need all that the camera has to offer. I see so many people buying it and knowing nothing more than full auto mode that it's sad. I love the images on the D90 with my new Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and am hoping to buy a Tamron 90mm f2.8 or Sigma 150mm f2.8 for 1:1 macros soon....can't wait to try that combo out...starting to get excited for spring for some new bug photos.

D90. I love it and I'm probably one of the few D90 buyers who will actually need all that the camera has to offer. I see so many people buying it and knowing nothing more than full auto mode that it's sad. I love the images on the D90 with my new Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and am hoping to buy a Tamron 90mm f2.8 or Sigma 150mm f2.8 for 1:1 macros soon....can't wait to try that combo out...starting to get excited for spring for some new bug photos.

you and your bugs, lol.

im glad you got the camera youve wanted. got any pics from the d90? id love to see.

I haven't done anything real special yet but I did do a few sequences of Brandon going down the slide with the 4.5 fps. Here's a few from the D90.

p828550851-4.jpg

p916666673-4.jpg

p595552289-4.jpg

Here's another sequence

p912423512-4.jpg

p609706782-4.jpg

p1048322352-4.jpg

Like I said, I haven't really had much chance to put it through the paces, but so far I love it. ISO3200 shots have about the same grain as 400 on the D70s. Pretty amazing stuff.

those sets were at 3200? that looks great.

when ever i use 3200 it still looks really grainy even with the noise reduction on.

hows the video function? im curious about that.

those sets were at 3200? that looks great.

when ever i use 3200 it still looks really grainy even with the noise reduction on.

hows the video function? im curious about that.

Those weren't at 3200, I was just stating that the ISO 3200 shots are really clean...surprisingly clean. I"ll try and find a 3200 shot to post....I think I only have one or two that I've done at that ISO so far.

Video function....well I've only played with it a little and not done anything that I planned on keeping. It might be useful if our actual video camera is left at home, but I doubt I'll ever use it. I'm not really into the videography so I'd prefer to just take pictures. I would have bought the D90 even if it didn't have video or Live View (I don't like live view because it locks the shutter up the entire time and you have to exit Live View to view the one's you took which is a pain to go back and forth.

Here you go Nancy. This was shot at ISO3200 with in camera noise reduction at Normal and the only PP was a BW conversion. (Excuse the Girl Scout Cookies on his face) Oh and that was a ridiculously low 1/20th shutter speed.

2009-02-27.jpg

good price. car maintenance is a necessity, though.

No it's not....buy my camera, then you can walk to work and take pictures along the way. :p

Camera is actually pending sale. A guy is supposed to come by and get it Friday night.

No it's not....buy my camera, then you can walk to work and take pictures along the way. :p

Camera is actually pending sale. A guy is supposed to come by and get it Friday night.

lol, that'd be a long walk. good luck with the sale

Nate you wouldn't happen to have another person interested in a D70s would you? I'm still trying to get rid of mine.

No, I sure don't. I got a few flakes here and there but just this one guy that wants to buy it from a local forum.

Archived