help. stumped on scratching noise

fishswimfast

i have a 94 prelude vtec. ive had the car for about 2 years. a few months ago i could hear a knocking noise when under acceleration until about fourth gear. i replaced the driver side axle and sound still occurred. i finally ruled out that it was the half shaft bearing was loose and was spinning the axle base off axis. i replaced it last week. the driver side motor mount is bad and will be replaced soon. i now only hear a terrible scratching noise when clutch is applied. if i sit still and rev the engine..nothing. but when i rev the engine and barely engage the clutch, i can hear it scratching. but only happens when clutch is engaged. once i let off of the gas and cruise while still in gear the noise stops. could it be that the shaft is a piece of crap or that due to the shaft being removed a few times with the car jacked up really high allowed too much of the tranny fluid come out. or could it be the engine is torquing and making something to come unalligned? or something else? completely stumped. i could only hear the noise after i replaced the shaft. but the noise of the shaking could have been louder than the scratching.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived