I'm curious to see when the backwards-compatible units drop in price. Not interested until then.

The 20 & 60gb consoles were phased out during the 2007 price drop, with the release of the 40 & 80gb systems. The 80gb currently retails for $399.99, with the recently released 160gb listed at $499.99. Thus, the 80gb is the one that will be seeing the $299.99 pricing. I picked the 80gb up a couple of months after release, and the PS2 titles that I held onto are all supposed to work in it. I have yet to bother trying to play a PS2 game in it, though.

Only the 40gb and the new 160gb (which is basically just the 40gb console -- which is a core console -- with a larger HDD) did not/do not offer backwards compatibility.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

I'm going to snag one up. No point in just getting a BR player. Why not get one that you can play games on too. :D

Thats exactly why i got one and the fact that Metal Gear solid 4 is godly

The PS3 was the first blu-ray player that could update to 2.0, and should any more updates come for blu-ray, the same shall happen... so you'll always have access to the latest features with it.

Yea, basically its awesome, but all i really use it for is playing my old ps2 games and fighters.....i was thinking of picking up socom just so i can get the head set thats worth like 50 bucks lol

Yea, basically its awesome, but all i really use it for is playing my old ps2 games and fighters.....i was thinking of picking up socom just so i can get the head set thats worth like 50 bucks lol

I have yet to play an old ps2 or ps game in my 3. I still have my ps2 laying around, but haven't plugged it in in a couple of years now :laugh: my 3 gets the most action due to the blu-ray, since i rarely have enough time to sit down to game. i also got irritated with silent hill 5 (on scarlet, she keeps kicking my ass), so i finally picked up guitar hero for it... beat that one in a matter of 2-3 days, but another one came in yesterday for when i find a few minutes of time again.

sent you a friend request on there a few weeks or so, javy, don't know if you got around to accepting it yet.

I'll buy a PS3 once the PS4 comes out (I"m still rockin' the PS2). I don't think I've ever spent more than about 120 bucks for a game console. My wife and I would LOVE to have a Wii, but screw spending almost 400 bucks for a game console.

I'll buy a PS3 once the PS4 comes out (I"m still rockin' the PS2). I don't think I've ever spent more than about 120 bucks for a game console. My wife and I would LOVE to have a Wii, but screw spending almost 400 bucks for a game console.

The Wii is $250...

It depends on what you use it for. The PS3 is much more than a game console, but if you aren't a tech-geek, then it's easy to see not wanting to spend $300-500 on a system. I think I spent about $175 on my original PlayStation, bought the PS2 during the "second wave" (March of 2001) and paid $300, then picked the PS3 up for about $440 something (used gift cards to get it down from the $500 tag). Paid retail on the Wii as well, although technically the ex paid for that one. The PS3 sees more use than the Wii does, since that really only sees action anymore when there are people over (was going to pick Guitar Hero up for it, to play online with the fam, but it was cheaper for the 3 so I went that route instead).

My mom bought her boyfriend a blu-ray player for Christmas a month or two after I picked up my PS3 (in '07). She paid about $300, maybe close to $400?, for it, and as far as I'm aware it can't even use profile 2.0 since that wasn't released until about spring of '08.

I have yet to play an old ps2 or ps game in my 3. I still have my ps2 laying around, but haven't plugged it in in a couple of years now :laugh: my 3 gets the most action due to the blu-ray, since i rarely have enough time to sit down to game. i also got irritated with silent hill 5 (on scarlet, she keeps kicking my ass), so i finally picked up guitar hero for it... beat that one in a matter of 2-3 days, but another one came in yesterday for when i find a few minutes of time again.

sent you a friend request on there a few weeks or so, javy, don't know if you got around to accepting it yet.

Scarlet? Is she the chick that came out of that Doll? Dude she's easy, I beat her with a pipe lol...what guitar hero did you get? I just got world tour but for 360 lol...the only game for ps3 that i have besides my ps2 games is MGS4.

Yes I accepted it, im not sure if I did it right, im rarely on there to understand the online friends bit, but it says your in my list so i think its right lol

The Wii is $250...

It depends on what you use it for. The PS3 is much more than a game console, but if you aren't a tech-geek, then it's easy to see not wanting to spend $300-500 on a system. I think I spent about $175 on my original PlayStation, bought the PS2 during the "second wave" (March of 2001) and paid $300, then picked the PS3 up for about $440 something (used gift cards to get it down from the $500 tag). Paid retail on the Wii as well, although technically the ex paid for that one. The PS3 sees more use than the Wii does, since that really only sees action anymore when there are people over (was going to pick Guitar Hero up for it, to play online with the fam, but it was cheaper for the 3 so I went that route instead).

My mom bought her boyfriend a blu-ray player for Christmas a month or two after I picked up my PS3 (in '07). She paid about $300, maybe close to $400?, for it, and as far as I'm aware it can't even use profile 2.0 since that wasn't released until about spring of '08.

250 for enough for one player but we'd want to play (wife and I both) together so you have to add in a second remote, you're at almost $300......though I'll admit, that's cheaper than I thought they were.

well you could always buy a used remote at a local gamestop for half the price.

Or an entire used Wii Game Console off ebay or something. If they are 250 new then I should be able to pick up a used one for well under 200 which is doable.

Scarlet? Is she the chick that came out of that Doll? Dude she's easy, I beat her with a pipe lol...what guitar hero did you get? I just got world tour but for 360 lol...the only game for ps3 that i have besides my ps2 games is MGS4.

Yes I accepted it, im not sure if I did it right, im rarely on there to understand the online friends bit, but it says your in my list so i think its right lol

Yeah, she's the doll. I've been stuck (gave it maybe three tries :laugh:) because I start off from the save - so I have half a life - and I only have one serum. I was using the pipe, as it was quickest to break through the layers of porcelain (and I have about two bullets and at least 50% of the time I don't aim fast enough anyway so I'm careful of when I actually use a gun in the game), but when she gets into the final stage is where I messed up the last two times (first time I didn't make it through the porcelain all the way, failllll). The last time I tried it, she fell on top of me and just breathed on me for what was forever. Told me to press X so I continued to do so, but all my remote did was rumble and I was stuck there until I finally died. I think it actually froze up like that, and from what I've read there are some control issues/freezing up randomly in the game. I was irritated and decided to take a break from it.

I hadn't been on the PS3 in about a week, was on earlier but didn't check to see if you were showing up on there yet. I'll try to remember to do so next time.

I picked up GH III since it was $39.99 at BB with the guitar, was between that and Aerosmith but my niece has the Aerosmith one now for the Wii so I figured I could always pick up a controller for the Wii eventually and just borrow it (and I got my sister World Tour for the Wii for Christmas). I ended up ordering the Aerosmith one though earlier in the week & RedOctane had both Aerosmith and III for $29.99 (both w/ guitar) the other day so I picked up a copy of both... then found out that you can't even play up to 4 players on the games, only 1-2, so the other copy of III is either getting returned or eBay'ed :laugh:

very true, but i usually prefer to buy my systems new

Agreed. I prefer to know that the console hasn't been abused, and that it works (or in the rare instance that it's faulty out-of-the-box, it's covered).

The additional Wii remotes go for $39.99 (nunchucks are $19.99, but you only need 2 of those altogether), unless you pick up Wii Play for $49.99 in which case it comes with a remote. The games on there are pretty terrible, though. Had to get one way back when since the remotes were on complete shortage as well back then (Wii Play was almost impossible to find as well because of it).

Yeah, she's the doll. I've been stuck (gave it maybe three tries :laugh:) because I start off from the save - so I have half a life - and I only have one serum. I was using the pipe, as it was quickest to break through the layers of porcelain (and I have about two bullets and at least 50% of the time I don't aim fast enough anyway so I'm careful of when I actually use a gun in the game), but when she gets into the final stage is where I messed up the last two times (first time I didn't make it through the porcelain all the way, failllll). The last time I tried it, she fell on top of me and just breathed on me for what was forever. Told me to press X so I continued to do so, but all my remote did was rumble and I was stuck there until I finally died. I think it actually froze up like that, and from what I've read there are some control issues/freezing up randomly in the game. I was irritated and decided to take a break from it.

All you gotta do is got behind her, I beat her twice but the first time i lost a whole lot of life trying to figure out to beat her, all i did was use the pipe the first time but didnt save it and died on purpose, so i fought her again i just used the knife, and ran behind her and attacked her that way...and thats how you beat all her forms....but in her first just hit her once or twice and then dodge, but if you get behind her you can go nuts and light her up like xmas! Hope that helps

All you gotta do is got behind her, I beat her twice but the first time i lost a whole lot of life trying to figure out to beat her, all i did was use the pipe the first time but didnt save it and died on purpose, so i fought her again i just used the knife, and ran behind her and attacked her that way...and thats how you beat all her forms....but in her first just hit her once or twice and then dodge, but if you get behind her you can go nuts and light her up like xmas! Hope that helps

lol, i tried the knife at some point during the second or first try, but it was lousy against the porcelain. found that the pipe works much better, since the axe is much too slow. i'll give it another try one of these days, when i have spare time to play again. i'm sure i'll beat it easily after giving myself a break from it, always seems to work that way.

Archived