Tilt-Shift Photography

CRG7

Tilt-shift photography is a creative and unique type of photography in which the camera is manipulated so that a life-sized location or subject looks like a miniature-scale model. Below we present 50 beautiful examples of tilt-shift photography. All examples are linked to their sources. We strongly encourage you to explore other works of the photographers we’ve featured in this post.

To add good miniature effect to your photographs, shoot subjects from a high angle (especially from the air). It creates the illusion of looking down at a miniature model. A camera equipped with a tilt-shift lens, which simulates a shallow depth of field, is essentially all you need to start.

Adorable: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/11/16...ft-photography/

It's kinda neat, but you can get the same effect by Gaussian Blurring everything in PS. Really more of a fad right now. Tilt-Shift lenses are really meant for correcting perspective distortion and converging lines architectural photography, or for more control over your focal plane

It's kinda neat, but you can get the same effect by Gaussian Blurring everything in PS. Really more of a fad right now. Tilt-Shift lenses are really meant for correcting perspective distortion and converging lines architectural photography, or for more control over your focal plane

I was about to say that it can be done in photoshop with a type of gaussian blur. Cool effect, but if I wanted pictures that looked like model toys, I'd take a picture of a model toy.

I was about to say that it can be done in photoshop with a type of gaussian blur. Cool effect, but if I wanted pictures that looked like model toys, I'd take a picture of a model toy.

I've always been more of a fan of doing the work with the camera, not editing it afterwards.

Yes, you could just take pictures of model toys, but IMO it's better to look at those shots and have to remind yourself that they're not actually models. It's really no different than what Hollywood does when it comes to building small models which are transformed into large items on the screen. Of course, Hollywood also heavily relies on the use of special effects and the use of the green screen has pretty much rendered such work useless.

Archived