Suspension clamps?

Shanebot90

so if anyone has seen my 240sx, they know that it is even closer to the name "truckboy" than it should be. i want to get it lowered but that costs lots of money.. now i've come across these so called spring clamps... anyone ever hear of these? i'm really skeptical about them and can only imagine that they are bad for my springs... i'd like some feedback from someone who has some experience with these if possible

Click on this!

don't half ass things! if you're gonna mod your car do some research and do it right. no money isnt' an excuse!

if you don't have any money then don't worry about modding your car. find out what you need get the best price

for the deal you're looking for and save your cash!

$80 bucks for lowering springs rather then some clamps that wont' get the job done. thank link you clicked on makes no sense either.

if you have a spring with 10 coils with 200lbs per inch and you cut that spring how is it able to support more weight? doesn't make much sense

if that were the case wouldn't everyone just cut their springs or use these cheap ass clamps?

So instead of buying stiff expensive "sport" springs for my Acclaim, I clamped two coils together on all four wheels. There was a MAJOR improvement in the Acclaim's handling, once lowered & stiffened. Then I put a little negative camber in the front wheels, and got rid of the factory's toe-in.
\

wtf! clampped 2 coils together that's not very smart and if you're lowering your car, that would naturally give it negative camber you don't give your car negative camber you'd want

to compensate with positive camber. camber and toe are 2 completely different measurements of alignment.

which brings me to my next question... 240sx? that's nissan why aren't you asking nissan people in a nissan forum about this? you may even

find a deal on some used springs?

why post here with a 240sx? i'm not asking for specific coilovers or anything like that... just trying to find out if anyone used or heard anything about the clamps :)

besides those guys on 240sxforums are buttheads.. don't lower yourself to their level :thumbsup:

why post here with a 240sx? i'm not asking for specific coilovers or anything like that... just trying to find out if anyone used or heard anything about the clamps :)

besides those guys on 240sxforums are buttheads.. don't lower yourself to their level :thumbsup:

i didn't mean for that to come out in a negative way, but i guess what i was trying to say is, wouldn't a nissan enthusiast have

better information for you interms of modding your car then a honda enthusiast. if that makes sense.

but in all honesty, when it comes to important crap like brakes, suspension i wouldn't cheap out. you don't wanna lose control

of your vehicle and injure yourself or someone else.

He joined the site with a teg. But it got wrecked. He's still here because we're that awesome.

And the question had nothing to do with the type of car.

But I agree. That site makes absolutely no sense. Physics nightmare.

Archived