Blew the clutch?...Help finding a new one

Well its see I was doing 135 down the road and popped it into neutral to slow down back to normal speed and it wouldn’t go back into gear after that. So I pulled over and it still wouldn’t go into gear. I turned the car off and it went through all the gears just fine. I started the car back up and not a problem ran great… 5 minutes later same problem but now the only way to get it into gear is to start it in gear. I had this same problem with an integra before and the problem was a spring in the pressure plate had broken loose. So I’m pretty sure my clutch is fried… please tell me if I’m missing something or just stupid. So I was looking at an ACT stage 3 but my car isn’t boosted yet (spring project) from what I’ve read the stage 3 is for boosted applications… I run and the track and back roads all the time but its still my every day driver so any suggestions for a clutch? I like doing stuff the right way one time so I know I’m looking around $500 for a clutch.

Might be the master cylinder or slave cylinder. Look inside the cabin at the master cylinder (where it hooks to the clutch pedal) if there is fluid on the firewall it needs to be replaced. For the slave cylinder inspect for leaks and full travel, have someone engage the clutch so you can see if it has full travel, if not replace. If those are good...

Action Clutch 1MD. 6-puck unsprung. Clutch, pressure plate, to bearing, pilot bearing, alignment tool.

Might be the master cylinder or slave cylinder. Look inside the cabin at the master cylinder (where it hooks to the clutch pedal) if there is fluid on the firewall it needs to be replaced. For the slave cylinder inspect for leaks and full travel, have someone engage the clutch so you can see if it has full travel, if not replace. If those are good...

Action Clutch 1MD. 6-puck unsprung. Clutch, pressure plate, to bearing, pilot bearing, alignment tool.

So does Action Clutch give you a quarter every time you post their name?? :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived