Questions on rebuilding!!

Okay here goes!! I just gotta good deal on getting my motor rebuilt!! My question is whenever i get my motor rebuilt do I have to take any of the parts to the machine shop to get them redone? I've heard that I may have to take my head to get it redone but couldn't I just buy a remanufactured one and it be just as good? The remanufactured heads for the d16y8 are only around $250 shipped here! I'm hoping it will just be a cheap and quick project! One last thing, does anyone have a website that offers some cheap d16y8 rebuild kits?

So someone else is rebuilding it and they can't answer these questions for you?

Take it to someone else.

Agreed!^^^ >_<

There is a big difference in a (yeah its rebuilt) and a quality shop machined and re-built motor! :thumbsup:

agreed aswell,

i would of thought if someones givern you a good deal on a rebuild then they would include parts with that, well thats how i work anyway, all my prices include parts and labour for rebuilds,

So someone else is rebuilding it and they can't answer these questions for you?

Take it to someone else.

Lol well the story is I haven't yet talked to the guy!! It is my fiance's brother and shes the one that did all of the talking so I personally have not had the chance to ask him any questions about it!! Does anyone happen to know about what price I would be looking at if I did decide to take it to a shop? Price with parts and labor!!!

Lol well the story is I haven't yet talked to the guy!! It is my fiance's brother and shes the one that did all of the talking so I personally have not had the chance to ask him any questions about it!! Does anyone happen to know about what price I would be looking at if I did decide to take it to a shop? Price with parts and labor!!!

kinda depends what the block/head needs :thumbsup:

Archived