Wet Sanding

hondaguyyy

I am planning on painting the hood of my car. I was told by someone that I needed to wet sand my hood before I paint it. Would something like this work?

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/p-12829-15974.aspx

yes that will work, but you could also just use a hard sponge and get the same effect

• 4 months later...

I am planning on painting the hood of my car. I was told by someone that I needed to wet sand my hood before I paint it. Would something like this work?

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/p-12829-15974.aspx

[yea sand it down when the hood is dry after sanding it the whole thing should b milky looking like foggy then u kno u got the whole hood good.]

so i take it to paint a car you have to wet sand the whole thing first?

well if u want it to look nice u do the paint will stick alot better. The paint job will look alot cleaner and u can make shure that ur not painting over anything like a piece of dirt or w/e could b around but just make sure wen u paint a car its sanded nicely doing so will make it look alot better

what grit should i use?...im painting the whole car tomorrow

well wat u wana do is just sand the hood or w/e ur paintin down with 1000, make shure ur usin a flat surface like a sandin block or somethin. make shure that u keep the surface of the sand paper clean and keep the are wet once uve sanded a certain spot ull notice the paint to get dul then just clean it off and the whole thing should look like dull and kinda cloudy

well wat u wana do is just sand the hood or w/e ur paintin down with 1000, make shure ur usin a flat surface like a sandin block or somethin. make shure that u keep the surface of the sand paper clean and keep the are wet once uve sanded a certain spot ull notice the paint to get dul then just clean it off and the whole thing should look like dull and kinda cloudy

ok so sand with 1000, keep it wet..... :devil: , when it dull and cloudy after i clean it off...its ready to paint?

Archived