shifter being a douch

C92hatchX

i was trying to install a short throw i got everything off but one f*cking bolt!, cause it was rusted like crazy, and no pearce i didnt get any pb blaster, im broke!, so i bolted everything back on and threw some grease on it but its really loose, is it because the grease or did i not tighten the shift linkage enough?

i was trying to install a short throw i got everything off but one f*cking bolt!, cause it was rusted like crazy, and no pearce i didnt get any pb blaster, im broke!, so i bolted everything back on and threw some grease on it but its really loose, is it because the grease or did i not tighten the shift linkage enough?

What did your shifter bushings look like? Possible you finished tearing it?

which bolt won't come out. the two up top at the pivot or the one going across at the bottom?

I had the same thing happen with the bottom bolt so I just cut it off with a grinder.

im pretty sure it was the same bolts your talking about, and we were thinking about cutting them off with a dremmil but then we realized that we dont have replacment bolts, and its hard to work with, with the exhaust in the way and i dont want to mess with that cause if the shifter bolts are rust then ef the exaust bolts

you can use any type of bolt to put in there. Just measure the width that you'll need, probably 1 1/2", and go to home depot and bring your new shifter so you get the right diameter bolt, and get a nice stainless steel bolt that wont rust in the future and some washers and a stainless locknut to finish things off. Thats what I did and it only cost me about $2. :D

As for the exhaust if your bolts are severely rusted on it just do the same thing for it, just make sure to get stainless bolts and nuts. Thats what I had to do because we bought my car from Pennsylvania. Yea it might be time consuming but it will save you a lot of headaches in the long run.

Archived