Free Mods

StreetDemon

Are there any really cheap or free mods I can do to my 2000 Honda Civic EX SOHC VTEC (D16Y8).

--A

remove some of that excess plastic crap around your filter box. anything before the filter is fair game, unecessary resinators and crap. maybe 1+ hp.

shorten the throttle cable,

cut the shifter (ghetto short shifter)

Advance the timing a couple of degrees

depending on your local emissions laws, you could

gut the cat.

Then if that not enough you could always:

scratch VTEC in the paint with a key, good for about 30-40 horse right there.

Then if that not enough you could always:

scratch VTEC in the paint with a key, good for about 30-40 horse right there.

LOL.... and i always thought it was 50 whp when you put vtec on the exterior of you car... could of fooled me

Well, don't the stickers have to be smaller? I mean than it would take like till redline to get that 200hp?lol

Cheap mods for the D16Y8? Define cheap...I also have a D16Y8(97 EX) and I've found somewhat success with a ram intake. On Honda, if you go with the full set of bolt on's(CAI, Headers, and Cat-back) that makes a big difference.

If you live in south carolina (no emission laws) you could always just take off you whole exhaust pipe and let ur exhaust come out of the headers... I could hear you coming for miles. :p

Edit: sorry I mean header (singular)

i used to take out the entire airbox.. and i had a steel net thing like and covered the throttle bodie.. used to do that.. it was loud and i felt a few HP gain.. not reconmend it though.. since alot of dirty air and other crap may go in.. :laugh: so i put my airbox back on..

another free mod.. not really.. hehe umm disconnect the exhuast, i did that.. your honda will sound loud like a flowmasterz!! its crazy but kinda annoying more annoying if itsa auto.. my cousins accord did that, and its sounds wack he would let out the gas like hes really shifting.. since it sound hella gay on an hondamatic

This is kinda late (comment) but you can go to radio shack and buy a resistor for about .99$ and bend it to fit into your air intake sensor and tape it up... if you live in the lower states where it is hotter.. the resistor tricks your ecu into believing your actually taking in cold air.. (4.7 ohm resistor). in newer models like 96 and up its on your actual intake. in older models its connected to your intake manifold 92-95.. disconnect your batt. to reset the computer.. :)

Archived