Building a b18B.

After reading what everybody to exactly say I would like to ask everybody on the forum what they think the motor I will be getting/building be exactly built for.

First Should I go all motor or go a turbo setup? I seen good results on both. NA is QUICK and crazy in some of the youtube videos I have seen. But yet a turbo build is also amazing.

Second What head do you think is good for this build? I have read If I can get a type R head to get it. but if not use a gsr head. But yet I have also read the b16 has better flow then the gsr head? So yeah... What do you think I should use. I am also getting my hands on a p28 from my friend and going by that ecu which head should I use?

This is why I want a all motor build seeing how quick everything is.

i say go N/A with the GSR head and b18b block with a b16 or type r tranny :thumbsup:

Okay sounds good. It already has the b16 jdm tranny with a lsd so no one wheel burnout's here lol.

Why did you choose the gsr head instead of the b16 head?

well thats good wit comes with the b16 tranny..i just choose the gsr because i have a couple friends with lsv's and 2 of them are built with the b16 head and one is with the gsr head and the GSR one stomped both of the b16 head builds..lol thats what im going on here plus i thought the gsr head flowed better on the intake side but mayb im wrong on that?? if your looking for parts to build your block check out my for sale thread got alot of the things you would need to build a bad ass block for your setup :thumbsup:

well thats good wit comes with the b16 tranny..i just choose the gsr because i have a couple friends with lsv's and 2 of them are built with the b16 head and one is with the gsr head and the GSR one stomped both of the b16 head builds..lol thats what im going on here plus i thought the gsr head flowed better on the intake side but mayb im wrong on that?? if your looking for parts to build your block check out my for sale thread got alot of the things you would need to build a bad ass block for your setup :thumbsup:

Okay at least you got real life proof to back it up that is great with me. I dunno if the intake flows better on the intake side, it might. I definatlyl will be hitting up your for sale thread once I get the car so I can have spare parts and such.

yea im not positive on that intake side i swear i read it a few places though...i also read a few places that gsr head is better for all motor and b16 is better for FI but im not 100% on that either im sure someone on here will be able to clear all that up lol...yea i got pretty much everything you would need to rebuild that bottom end so just let me know if your interested when your rdy and we can make a deal :thumbsup: otherwise good luck on your build cant wait to see how it turns out!

GSR head > B16. Flows better on intake, slightly worse on exhaust. Better port entry angle, higher velocity, quench pads.

All motor. P28 is fine, just don't try to run it on even a stock B series. You need some kind of EMS and a tune.

I'd get a different trans. Can't get much at all for that trans if you ever want to build it.

Rob's Civic was alright. Could have gotten more out of the engine than he did, would have been quite a bit faster if he would have built the trans (was going to have me build it, but the engine failed before we got started on it). Met him at the ITR Expo.

Archived