Can't get hood to open

The cable release (inside the cab) from all my knowledge appears to still be working meaning there isn't any slack really. It may be streched but when I pull the lever and then release the cable goes right back into the hose housing it came out of. I tried using plyiers to pull the cable out a little more but no luck and didnt want to snap it.

Any idea how to get the hood unlocked an alternate way? and how to fix/how much?

The cable release (inside the cab) from all my knowledge appears to still be working meaning there isn't any slack really. It may be streched but when I pull the lever and then release the cable goes right back into the hose housing it came out of. I tried using plyiers to pull the cable out a little more but no luck and didnt want to snap it.

Any idea how to get the hood unlocked an alternate way? and how to fix/how much?

Pull on cable and have some one hit front of hood! :thumbsup:

Its a ford! :crazy:

If the lever is pulled in the cab then it is either A: Stuck latch and hitting it with a screwdriver will pop the hood, or B: the cable is actually broken and you will have to use your screw driver to active the lever by hand.

Archived