Help Me.

CleanGSR

It probably wasn't that hard when you look back on it.

Your all-out search lasted for what? 4-5 days?

It was just compounded by the fact that you were in the 'must buy' mode which can make any simple thing seem like a monumental task. Any day of the week I can go look at 4-5 sub 4k Hondas that are all nice condition until the day I wreck mine and then need a car in the next 2-3 days to get to work. Then the deals all disappear.

That price is pretty decent too. We sold our 98 Accord EX with 178k for $3750 last year. Sounds like your new one is in a little better cosmetic shape then ours was too.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It probably wasn't that hard when you look back on it.

Your all-out search lasted for what? 4-5 days?

It was just compounded by the fact that you were in the 'must buy' mode which can make any simple thing seem like a monumental task. Any day of the week I can go look at 4-5 sub 4k Hondas that are all nice condition until the day I wreck mine and then need a car in the next 2-3 days to get to work. Then the deals all disappear.

That price is pretty decent too. We sold our 98 Accord EX with 178k for $3750 last year. Sounds like your new one is in a little better cosmetic shape then ours was too.

Our overall search wasn't that long, but it was still really hard. We live an hour and a half from the nearest city and everything around here is Ford, Chevy, Dodge. What made it difficult is that it took so much time to go to the city and look and cost so much in gas.

Luckily my parents found this car and we talked them down. They got the car Friday, my dad saw it Saturday and I bought it Saturday morning, so it was only on their lot for probably 24 hours or less. That's the reason that I was suprised they came down $1500.

Plus, Brandon cried for about an hour on the way home last night because he was so tired of being in the car from this past week. He would start crying the second we opened the car door and stop as soon as we'd walk away from the car. I think he's as happy as any of us that I finally found a car.

Well, I picked up 2 rolls of window tint. I have to have tinted windows for Brandon's sake (plus I like them :D) so I'll try to tint the back three windows (20%) sometime this week and the front two windows (35%) hopefully this weekend.

Oh and I got to see my folks' new TSX and holy crap that is a nice car. One touch up and down on all windows plus sunroof. Voice activation for everything including the bluetooth link for his phone, Voice activated XM Radio, etc..... Crazy nice interior and I'm lovin' the next exterior for 09. Sweet car.

That's what I'm thinking too. It is from a guy on a Kansas City Forum and is his daily driver so I'd say I can probably trust it a little more than some guy at an auto shop selling a customer's car. I'm just afraid of getting a turd.

Other nice thing about the civic is that a D16y7 engine would be extremely cheap if I ever had to replace it. Anybody know the going rate of an F22 SOHC engine? (I believe that's what the accord has).

they're cheap.

great motors.. had 3 in my shed when i had the accord.

all these motor places online sell F22B for about 800 bucks.

I really appreciate the offer Billy. I actually just found a 97 Accord LX in pretty close to perfect condition. Just a few door dings that pDR will be able to remove and the rest is almost perfect and stock. It's good to know the F22b2 will be cheap if I ever need to replace it. Luckily the one in the car runs really, really strong despite the 158,000 miles. I was also suprised at how quick this dinky 130hp engine with auto tranny is. It feels much quicker than my parent's previous 05 Civic EX SE.

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone

i need a carfax on this 05 honda accord because im planning to buy this old lady's car and i want to make sure she didnt hit too many walls..

the vin is 1hgcm66514a007743.

please let me know!! it would be very appreciated. thanks =)

Archived