Another Clutch Q

1CRX916

Wanna thk you all for your help on my last Q. Now that I have replaced the p.plate, bearing, and disc, my adjustments seem off. I followed the manual and I'm within the specs they said.

However, I feel the pedal is "spongy" almost like a bad brake pedal. Also, it doesn't seem to transition well b/w gears, it's a little jumpy. Never had that before. Furthermore, I'm having a bit of trouble getting it into "R".

I did put in new shifter bushings as well.

Other than that, I'm good.

Any "constuctive" advice would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thx again.

Wanna thk you all for your help on my last Q. Now that I have replaced the p.plate, bearing, and disc, my adjustments seem off. I followed the manual and I'm within the specs they said.

However, I feel the pedal is "spongy" almost like a bad brake pedal. Also, it doesn't seem to transition well b/w gears, it's a little jumpy. Never had that before. Furthermore, I'm having a bit of trouble getting it into "R".

I did put in new shifter bushings as well.

Other than that, I'm good.

Any "constuctive" advice would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

Thx again.

Hydrolic or cable clutch? I am thinking hydrolic, and you need to bleed system, at slave cylinder :thumbsup:

OOPS!! Just saw it was a 87 so cable clutch FTMFL!!! >_<

May need to adjust cable where it connects to tranny!

yeah, even if you didnt disconect it sometimes when you remove the assembly a little air gets into the system, i found that out the hard way while on my test drive (coulnt shift w/ clutch after i was about 5 miles from home, so i had to power shift it all the way home through stop and go suburban trafic)

as for the reverse, your probably not disengaging the clutch all the way, and honda's (mainly D's) tend to be pretty fickle about going into reverse if the clutch is not 100% disengaged. If that doesnt solve the problem you might need to adjust your forks, or check out how tight your shifter stabilizer arm is mounted. (it might need to be tightened a little bit)

okay yeah just caught that too pearce, yeah you prob just need to adjust tension on the cable assembly then so +1 to pearce.

yeah, even if you didnt disconect it sometimes when you remove the assembly a little air gets into the system, i found that out the hard way while on my test drive (coulnt shift w/ clutch after i was about 5 miles from home, so i had to power shift it all the way home through stop and go suburban trafic)

as for the reverse, your probably not disengaging the clutch all the way, and honda's (mainly D's) tend to be pretty fickle about going into reverse if the clutch is not 100% disengaged. If that doesnt solve the problem you might need to adjust your forks, or check out how tight your shifter stabilizer arm is mounted. (it might need to be tightened a little bit)

okay yeah just caught that too pearce, yeah you prob just need to adjust tension on the cable assembly then so +1 to pearce.

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't pay attention! :thumbsup::laugh:

Archived