Frozen Rotor

cmgogo

Okay, so i was out today, doing all my brakes (drums, shoes, rotors, pads) Well got the drums done, went to start the rotors and my drivers side one would not come off. So i tried to press it out with the 2 6mm bolt holes that are availble, ended up snapping one of them (cant get the bugger out, and its flush with the rotor hat) but my passenger one is just fine (when i swapped the pads i coulda just pulled it off with minimal effort) So anyone got any ideas on how to get this drivers side rotor off? So far ive tried

1.) pressing it off with 2 bolts (one snapped and is in the rotor hat)

2.) PB blasting the hell out of it

3.) using a very VERY big hammer

Next step is heating it up, but id rather take that as a last ditch effort. So anyone else got any ideas?

i hope you used a rubber mallet because hitting rotors with metal will crack them. they are actually pretty brittle from heating up and cooling down so much. have you tried putting cold water on it so that the metal shrinks?

i wasnt worried about cracking the old rotors or damaging them since they were coming off anyways, so i just hit it twice with a BFH and the lil bastard came right off, thanks for the idea tho!

Archived