tranny swap

Honda_boyd0.ob

are you asking if it will with the factory D-SERIES??? then in that case no.. but if you already have a B-series swap then yes.

Basicly a D-series engine will not bolt up to any B-series tranny and viceversa ...You Can swap a B-series Engine and transmisson in to your car however..

are you asking if it will with the factory D-SERIES??? then in that case no.. but if you already have a B-series swap then yes.

Basicly a D-series engine will not bolt up to any B-series tranny and viceversa ...You Can swap a B-series Engine and transmisson in to your car however..

no it will have a b series motor but i wanted to know if the tranny of the crv will fit in the engine bay of my crx

just wondering, never swaped a auto d for a auto B so not sure what needs to be done.. far as the manual you'll just need B series rear mount, axles, and shift linkage and a hydro conversion (POS).. You'll be better off (if you can find one) is to swap a B16 cable trans or a Ls cable trans...

just wondering, never swaped a auto d for a auto B so not sure what needs to be done.. far as the manual you'll just need B series rear mount, axles, and shift linkage and a hydro conversion (POS).. You'll be better off (if you can find one) is to swap a B16 cable trans or a Ls cable trans...

so the tranny does fit? the crx engine bay is small

• 2 weeks later...
awd

Without the proper drive shaft and set up, an AWD transmission on a FWD engine will NOT work. You're looking at thousands of dollars in parts and fabrication to make a CRX AWD.

it will work , but youl need the rear end , driveshafts , so on. and im sure quite a bit of custom work done to make it fit.

Without the proper drive shaft and set up, an AWD transmission on a FWD engine will NOT work. You're looking at thousands of dollars in parts and fabrication to make a CRX AWD.

for now im going to leave it fwd(front axles in) and when i get the money i will add the drive shaft and rear axles + what ever fabrication that needs to be done so that way the car works even if i never get the money for the awd conversion

It would probably be better easier to stay with a d and get the 4wd from one of the 88-91 wagons. Still wouldn't be worth it unless you could fab everything yourself.

for now im going to leave it fwd(front axles in) and when i get the money i will add the drive shaft and rear axles + what ever fabrication that needs to be done so that way the car works even if i never get the money for the awd conversion

First he stole me idea. I soon to get a b20 or b18 long block and build it up and I was planning and drawing out all the stuff I would need to do. I been researching this idea for a while now. second I would just set up the tranny for awd cause all the power wasted to the transfer case? what a loss and you might even damage it cause there would be no load on the transfer case.

Now let me ask you, since you are going to swap in the rear end let me ask you a few questions.

What are you going to do about the whole fuel tank situation?

What are your plans for the supporting the rear end since you gotta craft something to hold it up.

After reading the crv service manual what are you going to do about the whole oil pumps attached to the read end?

What are your plans for keeping the rear end from locking and such?

Are you aware that manual crv trannies are VERY HARD to find. I been searching for awhile now.

Are you planning on running a vicious coupling? do you know what that is?

What is the purpose of the swap? drag, DD, auto-x?

I am curious to see what you actually know about the whole swap?

IMO it would not be worth it to do a complete crv swap cause some of the things are the crv can no be duplicated onto another car.

I doing a mixed setup.

First he stole me idea. I soon to get a b20 or b18 long block and build it up and I was planning and drawing out all the stuff I would need to do. I been researching this idea for a while now. second I would just set up the tranny for awd cause all the power wasted to the transfer case? what a loss and you might even damage it cause there would be no load on the transfer case.

Now let me ask you, since you are going to swap in the rear end let me ask you a few questions.

What are you going to do about the whole fuel tank situation?

What are your plans for the supporting the rear end since you gotta craft something to hold it up.

After reading the crv service manual what are you going to do about the whole oil pumps attached to the read end?

What are your plans for keeping the rear end from locking and such?

Are you aware that manual crv trannies are VERY HARD to find. I been searching for awhile now.

Are you planning on running a vicious coupling? do you know what that is?

What is the purpose of the swap? drag, DD, auto-x?

I am curious to see what you actually know about the whole swap?

IMO it would not be worth it to do a complete crv swap cause some of the things are the crv can no be duplicated onto another car.

I doing a mixed setup.

fuel tank in the car. and the rest of the stuff is in a different forum. del sol awd take his idea or just buy an evo

fuel tank in the car. and the rest of the stuff is in a different forum. del sol awd take his idea or just buy an evo

u mean a fuel cell in the back/hatch area right? and also if ur gonna race it ull need fuel cells with specific saftey classifications.

which forum has all the answers and I did a lot of number crunching, reasearch, and planning so far. Plus the awd del sol has been a big help so far.

So have you figured out a way to get the rear end from locking and to control the clutch packs and the oil system?

Also any luck finding a manual cr-v tranny?

I would love to use the new cr-v tranny which uses a k24 as the engine. that would be hott! minus that would be SO EXPENSIVE!!

After I do the awd sol swap. I am going to atempt a awd mirage with evo parts. aiming for a evo 5 conversion with the awd system not fwd. that would be silly.

i say for awd go twin engine sol...

I have seen it done but for all the extra work and parts and the hassle I doubt I would do it. Plus with gas prices the way they are I rather pay for the gas for one engine. At least it will last unlike two engines. Plus that is alot of weight. Eh.. I just not liking the whole idea. I rather had the awd sol.

When I finish I will put on license plate AWD SOL. lol.

which forum has all the answers and I did a lot of number crunching, reasearch, and planning so far. Plus the awd del sol has been a big help so far.

So have you figured out a way to get the rear end from locking and to control the clutch packs and the oil system?

Also any luck finding a manual cr-v tranny?

I would love to use the new cr-v tranny which uses a k24 as the engine. that would be hott! minus that would be SO EXPENSIVE!!

After I do the awd sol swap. I am going to atempt a awd mirage with evo parts. aiming for a evo 5 conversion with the awd system not fwd. that would be silly.

i saw it also in a del sol forum and there is one that already runs. its a crx not del sol in canada.

Archived