Need a muffler for 95 Del Sol S

freakshow10mm

Looking for a muffler for my 95 Del Sol S model. My brother is heading over to Iraq later this week for combat and gave me his car. He went off roading in it a bit down at Ft Hood and the exhaust pipe got broke just ahead of the muffler on the "front" side of the muffler. Might be able to find someone to weld it shut, but I just want to be done with it and get a new one.

There aren't any mods yet. Completely stock. My dad and I are going to hop the car up a bit but for this year I'm driving it as is but just want to get the muffler taken care of. The car is rust free underneath and replacing the muffler seems to be a two bolt and hanger type operation. Shouldn't take long for this novice.

I'm just looking for something stock or close to it. When we are ready for a header and complete exhaust system, then I'll get a performance setup, but for now I just want quiet. Any suggestions?

$80.00 installed at most exhaust shops, andI had complete 2 1\4 custom bent catback with turbo muffler, 20" resonator, and magnaflow tip done for $180 :thumbsup: Sounds better than zing, zing, pop pop pop!!!!!!!!! >_<

My dad ended up buying one on eBay. I called him to tell him about it and he said "yeah I just bought it 5 minutes ago". It's shipping directly to me so I can take care of that when it gets here.

ooo How much did you end up paying for it? I'm looking for one also, as my big exhaust isn't complementing my music very well.>_<

I found a few on e-bay for around $80. I wanna know if that's a reasonable price for used stock ones...

I can't remember if there was a brand name on it. The guy's dad welded the flange for mounting to the exhaust system so it would fit on the Del Sol. It was from a private seller and not some store that charges $40 for the part and $60 for shipping. I recall it's oval shaped and not round. That's all I recall. I'll take pics ans such when I get it mounted.

This is just a temporary fix to get the muffler closer to normal instead of the broken pipe I have now; the exhaust isn't too bad but is loud.

I'm saving my pennies and hopefully mid summer I can install a cold air intake, headers, and complete exhaust system on it. I just picked up some WalMart cheapie Pioneer and JVC 6.5" speakers to replace the Alpine's my brother blew (or sounds like they blew). I have to wait til noon to put my son down for a nap and then I can head out and install a pair in the doors to see if that's the cause. The HU seems to work fine, although I hate it.

I can't remember if there was a brand name on it. The guy's dad welded the flange for mounting to the exhaust system so it would fit on the Del Sol. It was from a private seller and not some store that charges $40 for the part and $60 for shipping. I recall it's oval shaped and not round. That's all I recall. I'll take pics ans such when I get it mounted.

This is just a temporary fix to get the muffler closer to normal instead of the broken pipe I have now; the exhaust isn't too bad but is loud.

I'm saving my pennies and hopefully mid summer I can install a cold air intake, headers, and complete exhaust system on it. I just picked up some WalMart cheapie Pioneer and JVC 6.5" speakers to replace the Alpine's my brother blew (or sounds like they blew). I have to wait til noon to put my son down for a nap and then I can head out and install a pair in the doors to see if that's the cause. The HU seems to work fine, although I hate it.

You'll just looking at the wrong websites then cause all my websites are reasonable or free shipping. Meaning reasonable like $5-$15 on items like full exhaust systems, etc.

This was from ebay and the seller had reasonable shipping charges. Most ebay sellers on there are listing a $40 muffler with $50-60 shipping. I was not talking about websites, I was talking about ebay.

Example:

$49.99 opening bid

$59.99 Buy It Now

$49.99 Flat Rate shipping even with Buy It Now)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-...0231370980&

ETA: The muffler system is probably worth close to the $100 mark shipped, but the simple fact that he uses a BS shipping charge is retarded and will never get my business.

well either way its going to be around $100. he does it that way, so people see the low price, and then look at his auction. his other option is to list it at $90 with $10 shipping. either way youre still paying the same, but you will open the $40 auction over the $90 one because the first price you see is lower

Well, I got the axle back muffler my dad bought off ebay. It's a Magnaflow. The outlet is a lot bigger than what I thought.

Is there a gasket that goes between the flanges that bolt together?

P6020004.jpg

P6020002.jpg

P6020003.jpg

P6020001.jpg

P6020005.jpg

P6020006.jpg

Archived