B20 swap on my 94 integra RS

RS_TEG

I have a 1994 Acura Integra RS and I was thinking about a B20 swap for it. I just needed to know if everything will slide right in or what i'm goin to have to do..

should be a direct swap...but why swap a b20 in there if you all rdy have an b18b??

Well at first i wanted just the tranny but my friend told me there was the motor with it too. will just bolting the B20 tranny to my B18 do any good?

Naw if you want a new tranny go with a b16, GSR, or type R but an ls tranny is better than a b20 imo. if you swap the whole motor to a b20 depending on the year u might gain a little power or lose a little. But either way if you cant get one of the trannys that i listed then get one of those. But if your just gona swap the b20 in there keep the ls tranny.

Naw if you want a new tranny go with a b16, GSR, or type R but an ls tranny is better than a b20 imo. if you swap the whole motor to a b20 depending on the year u might gain a little power or lose a little. But either way if you cant get one of the trannys that i listed then get one of those. But if your just gona swap the b20 in there keep the ls tranny.

ya i was thinking about the b16 tranny but there rly hard to find here. i know there are a lot of ls trannys i was just looking for something that would give me a lil more power. cuz the tranny i have now isnt goin to last much longer

well a b20 trans wont do anything for you. Make sure to check your local and surrounding craigslist sites and ebay they always have b16 tranny's. Otherwise just get a new ls tranny but a tranny wont gain you any power it will just make your gears shorter. what are you tryin to do with that motor you got, do you have any plans for it.

well a b20 trans wont do anything for you. Make sure to check your local and surrounding craigslist sites and ebay they always have b16 tranny's. Otherwise just get a new ls tranny but a tranny wont gain you any power it will just make your gears shorter. what are you tryin to do with that motor you got, do you have any plans for it.

i was looking to put a b16 tranny on the motor i have now for the shorter gears. the thing is, the tranny i have in it now the syncronizers are going out and it grinds going into 3rd..its mainly annoying but i still want a new tranny. ive been told that the b16 tranny is the way to go. i was also lookin at a gsr swap..will that bolt right up to my stock mounts?

well if you decide to go N/A go with the b16 tranny but if you want boost stick with the ls tranny. As for the GSR swap I think its a direct bolt in not 100% on that though. Instead of doing a GSR swap which is way to expensive for what it is have you ever thought of goin ls vtec. Just keep your b18b block and throw on a GSR or B16 head with either a GSR or B16 tranny its cheaper and you will see a beter power increse than just the GSR swap.

well if you decide to go N/A go with the b16 tranny but if you want boost stick with the ls tranny. As for the GSR swap I think its a direct bolt in not 100% on that though. Instead of doing a GSR swap which is way to expensive for what it is have you ever thought of goin ls vtec. Just keep your b18b block and throw on a GSR or B16 head with either a GSR or B16 tranny its cheaper and you will see a beter power increse than just the GSR swap.

i think im gonna stick w/ N/A. ya i did think about ls vtec...but i just didnt kno rly wat to do or how much it was gonna cost. but i will deffinately keep the ls vtec in mind. so ill just throw the b20 idea out. lol

yea good choice on the N/A haha best way to go imo. But yea for that way i would say do the ls vtec its alot cheaper than a full swap and you can pull alot of power out of those motors. Or for full swaps you can always throw a TYPE R in there :thumbsup:

yea good choice on the N/A haha best way to go imo. But yea for that way i would say do the ls vtec its alot cheaper than a full swap and you can pull alot of power out of those motors. Or for full swaps you can always throw a TYPE R in there :thumbsup:

haha ya i likd N/A wayyy better!! i think i just might go ls vtec. haha ya i could go w/ the TYPE-R swap..but that would b expensive as hell! and kinda hard to find

yea i say go with the ls vtec its probably ur best option at this point lol. yea the type R is expensive as hell lol but you can find them on hmotorsonline.com one of the best sites to find honda motors imo.

yea i say go with the ls vtec its probably ur best option at this point lol. yea the type R is expensive as hell lol but you can find them on hmotorsonline.com one of the best sites to find honda motors imo.

well im deffinately gonna look into the ls vtec. cuz the tranny i have now has to go! :thumbsup:

you're in gainesville and can't find a tranny?

son get on honda-tech. wait out the trial period. there's a NUMBER of them here in mother florida for sale.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I'll comment about the GSR tranny.

Stay away from the GSR tranny. The gearing sucks IMO unless you're boosted, and even then an LS tranny would probably be better for boost. The GSR tranny on the 1-2 shift drops you out of your powerband pretty bad (drops it to 5700rpm in 2nd when you shift at redline in 1st). This sucks. My B16 tranny (albeit on a B16 and not a B18c1) was much better and the gearing was beautiful. Only downfall is the higher revs when cruising on the interstate. Of course that could be solved by adding an LS 5th gear to th B16 tranny I believe.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I'll comment about the GSR tranny.

Stay away from the GSR tranny. The gearing sucks IMO unless you're boosted, and even then an LS tranny would probably be better for boost. The GSR tranny on the 1-2 shift drops you out of your powerband pretty bad (drops it to 5700rpm in 2nd when you shift at redline in 1st). This sucks. My B16 tranny (albeit on a B16 and not a B18c1) was much better and the gearing was beautiful. Only downfall is the higher revs when cruising on the interstate. Of course that could be solved by adding an LS 5th gear to th B16 tranny I believe.

ya i want to stay N/A. thats what iv'e been told about the GSR tranny. ya im lookin for a b16 tranny but they r hard to find. and evrytime i hear bout one in the area its gone within a week.lol

Archived