Alarm question(s)

So I'm getting an alarm this week, and I'm debating on a viper system installed by best (bad) buy, or the revelco.

Anyone have any issues with either? Pro's and Con's of them both? Any information would be great.

Thanks

So I'm getting an alarm this week, and I'm debating on a viper system installed by best (bad) buy, or the revelco.

Anyone have any issues with either? Pro's and Con's of them both? Any information would be great.

Thanks

Talk to Audiophyle on SS!

Had a Viper system on my Del Sol (<previous car). It was starting to crap out when I sold the car (to my folks) and now it's pretty much dead.

I have one of the ebay FM transmitter pager alarms from ebay on my car. It ran me around $100 and about 6 hours to install completely and I've been very happy with it. The range is ridiculous (before I can even see the car a lot of times). I'd recommend it if you are installing yourself, otherwise, I'd stay away from Viper due to my personal experiences.

I'm not installing it myself. I don't have the time or patience :p plus I'd rather have someone who knows what they're doing to install it.

I'm thinking about the revelco - it's basically a kill switch but with like 12 or so pins wired up differently, so someone with a revelco can't just plug their pin in and have it start, and there's no way for a master pin connector. All the wires are black, so you'll never know which wire is which.

I may end up just doing that. If someone breaks a window, they're gonna get whatever it is they want off the seats anyways (which I don't leave crap in my car as it is) - I just don't want my car missing one day.

Whos doing it Adam? Cuz we've had the discussion here before that you also need someone you trust to be doing the install. Or its just as likely they can take it or tip someone off if they're into that sort of business.

The ravelco is a cool idea. I rigged up a similar idea using an ethernet jack and ethernet "key" awhile back it worked well but I ended up removing it due to the hassle of having a second key to insert. Something to think about because you might find the same thing to be a hassle after awhile.

Saw 2 stylez?

Open teh door = hole in the head.

Thief: I has to steal Del Sol

*me hides in bush*

Thief: Oh noes! alarm! I get by dis

*me snickers*

*theif opens door*

BANG BANG BANG

Theif: I has hole in head, chest and has lost a nee cap

Me: you's fail!

Archived