95 civic sedan in OH

Xeryon

Here it is, my first lov...err, second...umm I guess it would be my 14th love :heart:

x252.jpg

x021.jpg

First pic is what she looks like now

Second pic was after I shined her up when I first brought her home

The skinny: 1995 Honda Civic DX Sedan MT. ~206k on the clock. Runs strong, consistantly gets mid 30's mpg even with me floggin her from time to time. Power steering and nothing else. Has a functioning cheap cdplayer and a moonroof.

The good

Practically no rust. Rather rare for a 95 honda from Ohio. There are a few minor surface bubbles just starting on the pass side rear but it all appears to be on the outside surface, rather then up and around the inside of the wheel well like usual

No tricks, the paint really is still that shiny after a good wax

Runs great, no hesitations.

Shifts clean, no slipping, no grinding

4 wheel disc conversion as of 4 months ago: rebuilt GSR booster, pump, and prop valve. All new calipers and brembo rotors with axxis pads and generic steel braided lines and new ebrake lines. rear is off a 93 teg LS. stops so nice now. pedal has a phenomanal feel to it

Apex'i WS2 catback. maybe 6 months old. at idle and cruise it is quiet. at WOT you can tell it's not a stock exhaust and sounds nice and deep - no bumblee in a coffeecan

New high-flow cat

New tirerod ends a few months ago.

EX/SI cluster with tach and speedhut white faced overlay

eBay projectors, I like the look but they are a bit dim

The not so good:

It is bubbling a little rust on the pass rear quarter.

As you can see the driver rear quarter has a small dent in it from a previous owner impact - bumper is a little scuffed from the same incident

Interior is a bit rough. I pulled it all and cleaned and recolored to black. dash, front seats and door panels are still gray, everything else is black. (not all the interior is back in yet, although it will be the weekend unless someone wants this car stat). even after the work i have done the interior is only passable.

Tires have ok tread but there are three different brands on there. They will make it through another summer but will need to be replaced before another winter.

Wheels are in decent shape but have an amazing amount of corroded brake dust on them that I was never able to remove.

The bad:

leaks/burns about 1/2 quart from oil change to oil change from somewhere near a rear corner of the head. It has done this since I got it, never more, never less.

no headliner at all - idiots that installed the moonroof never put in the drain tubes, so when the roof had leaked previously it destroyed the headliner. I never had the ambition to locate a replacement, let alone install it.

It is a 14 year old car, it has a couple minor bumps and scuffs, but in general it is one of the better condition 'stock' eg series cars I have seen in the region.

locally i'm going to ask 2500, for hf peeps 2250 is where I start (I base this on craigslist ads for similar to higher mileage cars with blown head gaskets, dropped trannies, rust holes the size of my foot, etc being listed at 1500 weekly) For quick sale if you want it for even a little less I can negotiate and not even bother installing the rest of the interior and just give you the parts in a box.:thumbsup:

Slightly interested for the near future, but not immediately. Summer meet might be good timing, but I dunno.

I understand you're trying to sell now though, so this probably means nothing to you. If you do happen to hang onto it that long, let me know when the time nears.

In the meantime, good luck with the sale.

yep, quick sale. i owe an assload on my taxes due to being selfemployed. between buying the new car, paying that and home renovations i'm broke.

if I haven't sold the car by mid-summer then i'll be dead by then. I will have starved to death from no money for food. :crazy:

not yet, i will by the weekend. CL tends to move faster then a normal web forum and the car needs to have some of the interior put back and be washed up and stuff

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup: and it's not riced out with no mechanical issues of any sort.

now there is a question of if it will be sold or not. looking at getting an accord wagon, if we can find one in good shape the sol and the sedan will be sold to pay for it. if no wagos to be found then the sedan stays for now, unless of course someone wants to make a cherry offer on it.

Archived