205 50 ZR15 Dunlop SP Sport 8000

Nonperformance modifications:

DC Sports Shift knob

Autometer Boost Gauge

Autometer A/F meter

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or u could do what we did with my friends, jus dipped it in black paint, so it looked like a radiator.

unless ya good at crap like that, i would recommend havin a shop do it :laugh: before u fawk up an gotta buy a new IC

wow, you have the nicest civic on this site... seriously.

put some black panty-hos over that intercooler

This guy is frackin hilarious, oh crap. hahaha. damn, JDM Jackass is blunt as crap. Your more true to ya name than i am .. im 90AllMotor, and all i got is a 90witNOmotor.

how am i blunt as crap?

his car is, IMO, the nicest civic on this forum. he obviously has the most time and money invested in it as well.

and putting black panty hoes on the intercooler will make it even more stealth, you wont be able to see it even if you look for it.

Now that's not going to restrict flow at all is it? Not to sound dumb but I don't have the BIG intercooler so I'm a little worried of blocking more air than need be. I know panty hose are thin but what if they rip, tear, get all bunched up. Is it worth the trouble??

how am i blunt as crap?

his car is, IMO, the nicest civic on this forum. he obviously has the most time and money invested in it as well.

and putting black panty hoes on the intercooler will make it even more stealth, you wont be able to see it even if you look for it.

oh .. lmao .. thought u was joking .. an about being blunt, it was a cross reference to some of ur other posts.

joe, the pantyhose wont restrict airflow that much, if even

dude, your car is awsome!! i like sleepermodes.. my rex is gonna ge sleepermode.. (allmotor tho)

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Do you even know what your doing with your CRX? You be posting up pics of tail lights and crizzap... :laugh:

nice car joe. how many psi of boost u running. somewhere between 8-18 right. i hope so. nice car though. but may i make one suggestion. shorten your signature a lil bit.

yeah...shorten up the sig a little bit. just put all the mod description stuff on your profile or something, cause right now your sig is long as hell!

i couldnt tell but do you have a body kit on it.

lol. looks like a simple oem lip/skirt kit to me. it wouldn't be a sleeper if it had a body kit on it now would it?

nice car joe. how many psi of boost u running. somewhere between 8-18 right. i hope so. nice car though. but may i make one suggestion. shorten your signature a lil bit.

I run about 6 to 8 doing daily street driving and 12 to 15 at the track

hey man sweet lookin car. i couldnt tell but do you have a body kit on it.

Nope. Just lowered. I didn't want to do the same thing everyone else does. This was when someone rolls up on me and thinks it's just a lowered Si they get owned!

Nice car. I have a 94' HB with a B18b. Plan to turbo it at the end of the month. I bought a kit for my car because I had a hard time being a sleeper. No one wants to race a stock looking HB and I'm wimpy and won't try anyone myself, I like driving defensive. I'll post picks when I put the kit on but that might take a while, ran into some fitting problems. Do you have any other mods like pistons or anything? I'm a wimp, as I mentioned earlier, and would be scared to turn the boost past 7. Let me know how it's working for you.

Honestly except for injectors and such my internals are all bone stock. I know a guy with a GSR with the same turbo kit that I have and he runs around at 12 psi on stock internals all day long, everyday. If you're going to go with a Greddy 18G kit or something along those lines you should be fine on stock internals as long as you don't run high, high boost. Injectors are a given. Those are a must have if your going forced induction. I know another guy that has a b16a with GSR heads on it, an 18G turbo kit and puts down about 285 horse at the wheels on 13 pounds of boost! That's crazy! I don't know what I put down I haven't dynod my car yet since it just got done. I did take it to the track and it ran some impressive numbers at 12 psi. (12.836@112.00) Okay you have a B18b in your car now. FORGET THAT! HERE'S WHAT I SUGGEST:

The Integra B18A1 and B18B1 engines displace 1834cc and have an 81mm x 89mm bore and stroke configuration. In the case of the two B-series DOHC VTEC engines, the Integra B18C1 (GSR) moves 1797cc with an 81mm x 87.2mm bore and stroke combo and the Del Sol B16A1 combusts 1595cc with an 81mm x 77.4mm bore and stroke. Basically, this shows that the B18A1 in stock trim has 35cc more displacement than the B18C1 and 239cc more than the B16A1! This is the primary reason why the non-VTEC motor exhibits more of the bottom and mid-range torque than each of the VTEC models. Since none of the Honda engines have the sheer volume of V8 iron, the need to extract as many ccs as possible is necessary to create the low-end power needed to propel a vehicle down the quarter-mile effectively.

So there's a motor called a frankenstein. You can build it your self. It's pretty much a VTEC head on a LS block. Like you already have.

In the world of Honda performance, this situation is paralleled with the DOHC non-VTEC Integra motor, assuming the role of Tyson and the DOHC VTEC engine portraying Holyfield. The non-VTEC 1.8-liter has brute Tyson-like torque, but lacks the ability to venture forth into the higher reaches of the power band, due to it's unstable valvetrain. The 1.8- and 1.6-liter DOHC VTEC motors have the stamina of Holyfield, climbing long and deep to stratospheric engine speeds, but lacking the torque necessary to fire down the 1320 effectively. If you could apply that hybrid "Tyson-Holyfield" theory to your motor, you would have the best of both worlds--brute torque force and extended high-rev stamina. That is a frankenstein motor.

If you had this motor in your car..... I would get owned if we ran em down the street. You should run hihg to mid 11's with one of these motors in your ride! So I recommend to do that, I would've had I had a B18, then if you want to go forced induction from there, you can. However, the frankenstein motor has about 10 to 1 compression where as the LS has 9.2. You can deal with that compression with boost. Just not too too much of it.

Did you understand all that?

I plan on using the turbo for top end. I choose the B18b because of the low compression, which should in-turn let me run higher boost. I've heard of Frankenstiens before, how much would you excpect that to cost? I'd have to be really carefull who did it because the V-tec head would require some block work to make them compatible, oil rail or something I've heard. I'm getting the greddy td05-18g turbo like you and I'm not sure but think it's compatible with a v-tec head so I can do that later on. I want to be fast but I don't want to go overboard on the price. I think that a turbo would give me more than a v-tec head. Is that right? Thanks for your input, keep it commin.

Well, you can't get the 18G turbo kit unless you have a DOHC VTEC. The lowest they make is a 15G and that's for a SOHC VTEC. So unless you do your research and find somebody that makes a turbo for your car you're kind of stuck. However, if you do turbo that motor then you'll be dumb, honestly, if you don't replace some of those internals! The compression's low enough on the LS motor to handle boost well, however, honestly I'm not too sure of those cams and such. I'm sorry I can't help you much more but I don't know too much about LS motors except for the compression basics and Frankenstein's. I'll try to do some research and let you know what I find out. Honestly, though if it was my choice to try to put a turbo on your motor or go the Frankenstein route. I would go the Frankenstein. There's so much more power to be made there than just slapping a turbo on your motor. It'll be a lot stronger should you ever decide to put a turbo on it, but it'll kick some major ass in the mean time. Those are bad ass motors man! If you do that expect to hand a GT or a Z28 it's ass like it's in reverse!

As far as price..... I'm not sure on an exact price for frankenstein motors. I'm guessing around two to three grand for the whole motor. Cheaper if you want to have yours built. Even cheaper if you want to do it your self!!!

Archived