NEW CAR FOR ME

97blakkex

Today i just bought a 99 civic SiR from Toronto, On for 12'500 CDN.. 66'000 km. and a B17a engine.. 160 hp.. i always thought SiR 's had b16a2's? all i know is the b17a dohc vtech halls ass..

What would you guys suggest for I/H/E ? .. I dont want a loud pos fart pipe either.. i dont need any attention.. like some ppl do with their LOUD, ANNOYING exhausts.. bleh

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aint that crap illegal to put a older motor in a newer car, cause of emissions regulations? or u in canada? im too frackin lazy to scroll an check. personally, i dont kno why da fawk u would buy a old engine for a newer car.

yea, B17 were once in teggys for a period of time..

and yes honda_civic.. my cousin had his B17turboed civic@470HP running high 10s..

you may be able to fool the rest of the kids on this forum, but you can't fool me. you do not have a b17a in an OBD-II civic. i want to see some pictures.

99 civic SiR are B16A2 charged not B17a, even in japan .. do some research

EDIT::typo

you may be able to fool the rest of the kids on this forum, but you can't fool me.  you do not have a b17a in an OBD-II civic.  i want to see some pictures.

more to add!!

B17a are totally identical to the B16a, so he could fake a pic of his so call B17 in his 99 civic SiR... :laugh:

99 civic SiR are B16A2 charged not B17a, even in japan .. do some research

i hope you arn't talking to me kid, i have forgotten more about hondas than you will ever know.

99 civic SiR is b16 powered, no crap. when did i say they wern't? and in japan, they don't have b16a2s. YOU DO SOME RESEARCH.

B17a are totally identical to the B16a, so he could fake a pic of his so call B17 in his 99 civic SiR

haha, this keeps getting better and better.

first of all, you ever hear of an engine code? you know, the thing that is in plain view as soon as you opened your hood? if you took a halfway decent picture of his engine, you would be able to see the engine code.

MOREOVER, a b16a2 that comes in a 99-00 SI/SIR is NOT identical to a b17. im not as dumb as you, so don't assume i am. i can easily tell the difference between an OBD-1 oil system and distributer (b17) and an OBD-2 oil system and distributer (OBD-2).

don't argue with me kid, you will always lose.

you may be able to fool the rest of the kids on this forum, but you can't fool me. you do not have a b17a in an OBD-II civic. i want to see some pictures

i never said that he had one in his car...i just said they were real. i'm with jdm jackass, take some pictures of the code to prove you have it...

whats up vtracer? why havn't you blessed me with more of your ignorant babble yet?

i saw you trying to reply to this thread earlier, or so the online list said. did you give up?

that should be discussed in pm not irrvelant to the topic..

Everyone is so angry. For the money you spent on that engine you could have moded out your stock engine. If they don't make the engine anymore than after-market parts may be hard to find, but I don't really know anything about the b17. Please no one attack me, just sharing my opinion.

whats up vtracer?  why havn't you blessed me with more of your ignorant babble yet?

i saw you trying to reply to this thread earlier, or so the online list said.  did you give up?

that should be discussed in pm not irrvelant to the topic..

sorry i didn't get to post yesterday.. i wanted to but i got dc'.. and my mIRC shutdown so i couldn't get back on til now. anyways,

i hope you arn't talking to me kid, i have forgotten more about hondas than you will ever know.

99 civic SiR is b16 powered, no crap. when did i say they wern't? and in japan, they don't have b16a2s. YOU DO SOME RESEARCH.

one, i wasn't informing that to you, it may have seemed but im sorry for my mistakes, some people dont know that an SiR is B16.. thats why they are here.. i guess they are wanting to learn.. two, ive done my research and i agree you are right japan dosen't make a2.. IM STILL DOING SOME RESEARCH.

haha, this keeps getting better and better.

im sorry to make you laugh or something, and yes i know about the engine codes, but i didnt realize til your post i read about it earlier. i guess i totally forgot about it.

don't argue with me kid, you will always lose.

i never did, you just assume.

have a nice day. :laugh:

Archived