Big problem not going into any gears

Prangy

ya well i had my friend with me, he was looking at the slave the whole time and nothing was leaking around there. I filled the resivior and it didnt even like go down that much, like a quarter of an inch. I will see if it is a slow leak i dont give two crappies about it right now, its to cold for me to be working my legs felt like they fell off earlier.

well that 1/4" would of been the air leaving the system. i'd say check it in the morning. i'd even go as far as marking the outside of the res. with tape or something so you can tell how far it goes down, if any.

make sure that, if its not leaking, that you bleed the clutch when your all done that will cause it to shift harder. also did you check all the lines and the master cylinder? just in case it is leaking i would go ahead and do it while your thinking of it.

Still is shifting great, will take a look at if it lost any fluid. I am will do the slave and master cylinder once it gets a bit nicer out, since it is working. Do they usually go on cars, or should I say is taht usually maintance on the car, they go normally after time.

well when you push down the master cylinder (clutch pedal) the slave cylinder pushes the fork inside the tranny disconecting the disk pressure plate from the flywheel an lets yew smoothly engage gears, now when you push down the clutch the slave cylinder moves one way if youre looking at it from the front of the car it will push to youre left (now have someone hold in the pedal so it moves a tinny bit an take a pry bar an push it more or all the way an tell the person in the car to try put it in gear an if it does go in gear witch it should (the cars on by the way during this) tell him not to let the clutch go or dont move the pry bar wile in gear cuz the car will jus jerk an hit you an after that youle now its the master cylinder/slavecilinder/line from master to slave have a whole and isnt building enough pressure~!~

AEM E.M.S.<3~!~!~!~!~

this happened to me a while back now.. but my clutch was just laying on the floor. it had been having problems for a couple of weeks but not like this.. i would just refill the reservoir with the brake fluid.. but that didnt work this time. i guess it all leaked out and i had to re prime it but i didnt have any tools or fluid.. i had to drive home 10 miles without a clutch. i got pretty good at rpm shifting, but i hope that never happens again... when i pressed my clutch in some of the fluid would squirt out of the slave cylinder. i got a rebuild kit for my slave cylinder and everything works fine now.

Don't buy both.

Look inside the car at the clutch pedal. Is there fluid on the firewall?

Yes = replace the CMC.

No = Its 99% chance of still being good.

If CMC is good, replace the slave cylinder.

All this after thoroughly bleeding the system.

Archived