Big problem not going into any gears

Prangy

K so I guess my problem was not that the weight of my car was affecting me gettin gout of reverse. I went out after work and tried to shift, nothing wont get into any gears and the clutch feels different, softer in a way. I am new to learning about tranny's and clutches, understand how they work, just do not know problems. I looked in a lil resevior that my friend said was for clutch fluid and it was basically empty. My car is a hyrdolic clutch right, sorry spelling is bad. This means I am leaking fluid I take it? Or my friend said there is a slave cylinder that may not be working. Anything you guys give me to at least inspect will help sucks having my car 10 miles from my house unprotected.

could be the master cylinder, slave cylinder, or the hoses connected to the master and slave cylinders

put clutch fluid in the master cylinder and pump the clutch and eith have some1 watching or you watch when they pump them that will help you locate where the leak is can you use brake fluid in hondas too for the clutch fliud?? i did in my s10 and my nissan

Alright I will do the refill first since taht is the cheapest. It says use dot 3 or dot 4 and preference for you guys? Can you describe to me a little what the master cylinder and the slave cylinder does. tahnks for the quick replies guys.

K thanks man I was just thinking, when i did not have the car started it did shift into gear, making me rule out that the clutch is crapty, anything with the tranny, and like the throw out bearing. Would it be safe to say i should just think it is the slave cylinder then, or a leak somehwere.

ooo and i do not noooo crapttt about trannies I have just been reading how stuff works, i understand it, but it is just crazy for me to learn in this one night haha. would have to take one apart, only problem is its winter here and do not have a garage for this kind of work haha

rnt u lucky... i still have to wait to do a whole motor swap in the next month...licenes gets susspended from feb 20 to march 20...then gotta go to drivers re traing then gotta pay 125$ to get license back =/ 4 speeding tickets with in 3 years =/

Even with a bad clutch the transmission will go into gear while not running. It's most likely your clutch system. You're probably not going to want to hear this, but if your master or slave went out, it's best to replace them at the same time.

That is better to hear then nothing, I actually was in the shower and thought I should replace both about five min. before I read this what is kind of wierd. I looked at prices and the parts are cheap, have you guys ever done these, how hard is it, like do I have to take the tranny off of the block and everything, not saying that is hard just time.

clutch not needed for shifting the gears with engine off. doesnt rule out anything. if the car is running , and it wont go in gear , it is absolutely the clutch dude. no need to take tranny off.

heres what you do. undo the fluid line fom the slave cylinder located on front of engine where engine and tranny meet. you cant miss it , lol. once the line is undone , take the 2 12mm bolts out and pow you have the slave in your hand. DO NOT crossthread the line back in. take your time.

now , drivers side , under the brake master cylinder , theres a steel line comming from clutch master. undo it. undo the 10mm bolt holding the clutch resevoir to the car.

now go under the dash at drivers feet , youl see the rod come through the firewall , and attach to the clutch pedal. theres a pin that goes through that rod , and through the pedal arm. take the cauder pin out , take the brass pin out. than there is 2 12mm nuts(not bolts) that come off on either side of the hole where that rod come through the firewall. once those 2 nuts are off , go back under the hood , and work the clutch master out of its hole , lol.

K so you are saying i should start by just doing these things first right. It may be someting with the tranny still? I will do this hopefully i can find somewhere its to damn cold with the wind in an open road haha.

ooo what cranny are you saying it is the clutch then... like its not grabbing or its becuase the fluid, because i just put this clutch on and it wasnt slipping at all.

So I driv eup to my work with some dot 3 and add it into the resivior shifts smooths like a baby arse. I still do not understand this though, I had to drive 10miles back to here, house, and it still felt fine when i got hear. If it was leaking dont u guys think it would have been emptyish by that miles? Thanks for all the stuff before guys i just learned so much in the passed day.

sounds like you have a slow leak could have a hole in one of your lines like i said earier get some1 to either pump the clutch or have some1 watch when you do it and look over all the lines for leaks

edit:if you didnt press the clutch pedal in much then it wouldnt have leaked nearly as much

thats why i was telling him to do a complete check. because on my nissan it leaked out within four or five times of pressing the clutch but both my master and slave cylinders were leaking, changed them both in the autozone parking lot in about 30 mins lol

Archived