just bought a 1999 honda civic hatchback cx

jcfbaby

i just bought a hatchback and it just had oil change from the previous owner it has 180xxx miles transmissions good clutch normal timing belt i checked not cracked what do you guys suggest me to do with my car i dont have a big budget so pls dont think special but from important to least any ideas? suggestions?

um im planning to swap the motor since it has 180xxx miles on it it, has 8 -10 exterior 8-10 interior so im not planning really for now to do touch that but if you can talk to me about performance,speed,reliability thats what im interested in.

ime down with hatch92 eaither gsr or turbo but since you got a little over a grand personlly i would jus turbo what you got know keep workin becouse buyin a new sohc is liek 4-6 hundred bucks, swapin that motor is liek butter it would take me 2-3 hours........SOHC TURBOO!!!!!!!~!

when do you think i need to swap the motor it has 180xxx. lets say i have a lil over less than a grand to spend.

if you swap anoer SOHC into the car like a D16y8 out of a 96-00 EX model civic you could pick one up for a coupkle hundred. then all you need is an ecu and to wire the vtec solenoid. The D18y8 motor can be a strong motor and perform real well. If you choose to swap a DOHC like a B18c, B16, H22, etc. It is going to cost you about $2500+. My opinion would be to figure out if you want to make a well performing DD or a weekend track car.

my advise is to not do anything to the car untill you save up some more money to put into doing things right. you have three options when working on car; fast, reliable, and cheap. You can only have two of the three at one time. And since your worried about cheap, your gonna either have cheap and fast... but not reliable. or your gonna have cheap and reliable, and its not gonna be fast. So again, put some more money away, and when you get enough to actually do it right, and make it worth while, go for it.

my advise is to not do anything to the car untill you save up some more money to put into doing things right. you have three options when working on car; fast, reliable, and cheap. You can only have two of the three at one time. And since your worried about cheap, your gonna either have cheap and fast... but not reliable. or your gonna have cheap and reliable, and its not gonna be fast. So again, put some more money away, and when you get enough to actually do it right, and make it worth while, go for it.

One thing I have noticed that once I heard that phrase that you said, I always think about stuff in that aspect.

That phrase can be related to anything that involves money. You know?

BTW, That is one of my favorite phrase.

But he does have a point, You can never have all three, It is not possible.

Keep us updated with what you do.

One thing I have noticed that once I heard that phrase that you said, I always think about stuff in that aspect.

That phrase can be related to anything that involves money. You know?

BTW, That is one of my favorite phrase.

yeah, its pretty much a great phrase.. and i find myself using for things other than cars.

Archived