del sol

DeLsol510

i to have a d15, the main reason why you should not race it is because,.... well sorry to tell you it's not a big motor. the other reason i don't race my motor is because it has way to many miles for that kinda crap. save up and swap it when you have the doe!

hehe...i don't know if he's got one for an 8 second car, but i'm sure he's got one for a extremely quick d15. i think he's got one for like.....and 11 second d15 hatch or crx? vtracer...whatcha got man?

anyways...whether or not he should swap his engine depends on what type of "racing" he wants to do. if he just wants to be a street person and race random people...don't swap, just semi tune the d15. or if he does a swap just put in a d16 laying around somebodies garage. but if he is serious about going to a drag strip, or running around a road course, then he should do a more serious (b-series) swap.

but he doesnt sound like he's incredibly serious about this "racing" he's talking about...but then again i don't have any idea what his plans are or who he is, so i'm just going off one post.

isn't there a crx that's running 9s or something with the d15? i thought it was the dx model, but perhaps it does have the d16, i can't even remember...

but back on topic, i advise waiting, lol. my si sol (d16z6) is slow as hell, so i can only imagine what you two have to deal with. huh

i to have a d15, the main reason why you should not race it is because,.... well sorry to tell you it's not a big motor. the other reason i don't race my motor is because it has way to many miles for that kinda crap. save up and swap it when you have the doe!

oh.. i see, mines also a D15.. how many miles.. i have about 140k(i first i thought it said, 1,425,001.... !!! :p ) if you have 200k and under you can race it... if not.. there can be a chance of a kaboom!! but that okay.. cuz you can buy a gsr or lsvtec motor swap in it later!!

sure sure, you say its not "big enough" to race now...but wait until vtracer comes in here with one of his links to a "8 second d15 drag car" 

heh... i changed my mind about that... i think its kinda hard making a D15or D16 running 9s with heavy modifcations... im gonna go F20C swap later with my money.. something different and unique... also all motor with high compression.. gonna do a lil research on that!! :laugh:

either that.. or i would go B16a2 swap like everyone else(thats if i cnat afford F20C)

vtracer...whatcha got man?

my car is basically stock, except for the D15 vtec head swap, and custom intake that im so poorly to afford... with dc sport header..

i took off my exhaust and damn!! it sound like a flowmaster on a crx.. so i bolted it back on since my neighbors didnt like me driving around around 12ish waking them up.. heh..

next modifcation, wings west body kit then paint job, then some springs, hey doug.. i look at that tien spring site.. and the drop for my car is only 1.4 and 1.5... got anyother places that can drop a lil more? like say 2-3inches? BTW:: then imma get some wheels.. cant be rolling with donuts..

next modifcation, wings west body kit then paint job, then some springs, hey doug.. i look at that tien spring site.. and the drop for my car is only 1.4 and 1.5... got anyother places that can drop a lil more? like say 2-3inches? BTW:: then imma get some wheels.. cant be rolling with donuts..

i threw some intrax spings on my sol... i think it was a 2.5" drop. haven't had a problem with them.

• 2 months later...

if you are serious about racing and you want to upgrade your engine then go to www.japmobiles.com click links then engine mods and scroll down the lits of hundredes of jap car tuners and look at one called takaiara these guys do the spoon sports engine in a varity of upgrades the best being a 240 bhp @7000rpm so that should win you a few races :)

• 3 months later...

Archived