99 SI 6spd Transmission?

mynameisjustin

Only 6-speed b-series you're gonna find is for race applications only and probably costs more than your car.

On another note, you could always buy a GSR or LS tranny. Longer gear's.

Yea but you could sell that Type R tranny for enough money to buy two LS trannys. Maybe two gsr trannys. Lol. Depends on whether or not it's stock.

Type R tranny's are some expensive ass peices of equipment. Personally I wish I could find one for my LS to keep it's torqueless-down low ass in it's powerband.

Only 6-speed b-series you're gonna find is for race applications only and probably costs more than your car.

On another note, you could always buy a GSR or LS tranny. Longer gear's.

im pretty sure gsr have 4.4 final drive, same as the b16a2 tranny.

im pretty sure gsr have 4.4 final drive, same as the b16a2 tranny.

Really? I was always able to snatch my GSR swap down into second gear around 66 or so..whereas my B16 tranny on the ITR swap I had in my 93 hatch didn't want to do that..LOL.

I learnz something new everyday. Thanks Nancy.

Really? I was always able to snatch my GSR swap down into second gear around 66 or so..whereas my B16 tranny on the ITR swap I had in my 93 hatch didn't want to do that..LOL.

I learnz something new everyday. Thanks Nancy.

the 2nd gear in the gsr tranny (Y80) is 1.900 where as the 2nd gear in the A2 tranny (Y21) is 21.05 but they both share 4.4 final drives.

the op could try to salvage a JDM B16A SiR I final drive which is 4.266, it should bring the revs down a few rpm's.

Hey good idea!! :) too bad i dont have the faintest idea how to change gears on a transmission.

You could also go with a "taller" tire profile (example: a 55 series instead of 50). Pros-That would lower your RPMs at highway speed and increase your gas mileage. Cons - 1. you would have to buy 4 tires, 2. your speedometer/odometer would run slower (than your actual speed) at highway speeds (taller tire= less wheel revolutions per mile)

Archived