Puffing Smoke

Motoxpro118

Hey everyone i bought a 93 honda del sol today for 1500 dollars i brought it home and drove it around a little bit but i noticed that is is puffing white smoke when i get on the gas after its been running for a couple seconds ... i was wondering if anyone know what causes this and how it cold be fixed ... thanks

also if the engine isnt very good in it what engines fit and where can i get a decent one for cheap?

white smoke means water is burning, blue smoke means oil is burning, so you got to figure out why. Its most likely the head gasket as stated above. Also almost every car with a blown head gasket will over heat to some point or another. If it starts to over heat at all stop driving it immediately or you could risk warping the head. The engine may or may not be garbage, you will be able to look for visible damage to the engine when you take of the head to change the head gasket. If the engine does end up being worthless there are a few options, 1. get the same engine 2. swap a b or h series engine it just depends on your plans for the car. If you are planning on just driving it as a daily driver and want to go the cheapest route just get a replacement d series engine from a reputable source, if you want to build it up and make it fast i would swap a b16 or b18 into it, but this option is a lot more pricey. Just a tip: When you start looking for a replacement engine take your time and search around there is a lot of good deals on d b and h series engine swaps. Hope this info helps. -Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

yes im pretty sure it is the head gasket for sure.... this happend to my del sol S ....i just said forget about it because i was stripping it for parts any way ... so i drove it till it broke down and i lost all compression.... so unless u dont care like i did i wouldnt drive it....

OP: the only way to fix your problem is to start a noob threat and watch the thread inevitably die. Once a minimum of 20 days has passed, at least three people must reply to the dead thread on the same day. ¡Viola! the smoke will disapear.

In short, your welcome.

OP: the only way to fix your problem is to start a noob threat and watch the thread inevitably die. Once a minimum of 20 days has passed, at least three people must reply to the dead thread on the same day. ¡Viola! the smoke will disapear.

In short, your welcome.

what if your blowing white smoke but their isnt any antifreeze in the oil,and it dont over heat.bend valve????>_<

Archived