turbo a d series

greendelsol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd stay away fom that kit IMO. why not do some moer research and peice your own together. doing your own kit allows you to select everything you want and many times you make more power than buying a kit.

If your strapped for cash do it. I would get it. Who cares what other people think, it's your car. People rag on me about it, I don't give a crap. :) I say go for it.

the engine has been well taken care of...its as dry as it comes.....lol...and my shop teacher said that it was a really good deal and it seems to be a good kit too....i think i will get it but i need a little bit more $$...lol....i can get a pic of engine if that helps?

then the car is ok...it's ok no need for picture since driving would be the way to tell...

but the kit, I wouldn't get it...but it's your car your money...did you already consider piecing together your own turbo kit?

Get that kit, a walbro fuel pump, and some other good stuff to help. You should be safe running around 8 lbs on stock internals. This summer I'll get a kit similar to that but i'm building my internals. It's just something for now, turbo wise. I'll later upgrade when I get more moneys.

It's not a bad idea to turbo a D series but honestly you get no more than what you pay for.

Edit: the link just loaded and I'd avoid it. Notice how everything is labeled "style" instead of the actual part? That's a bad sign. Also, I don't know much about turbo components but I have heard of a Tial wastegate, but not a "tail style wastegate." Basically I'm sure it will work but will undoubtedly require a lot of work to put in properly and then fail soon after and need to be replaced, or worse cause damage to your engine neccessitating a swap.

Also, I don't mean any offense by this, but please don't listen to Dylan for advice on turbos.

A kit like that is going to be very prone to boost creep. Which is very bad. Also the turbo quality is most likely total sh!t. Save your money a get a decent kit that's not gonna suck.

hey i was looking for a turbo charger kt and i came across this site....here.....and i was woundering if its a good site or not?

you get what you pay for. That place uses the word JDM alot. JDM oil line? what did it come from an integra stock from japan.lol. I wouldn't get it in my opinion.

Get that kit, a walbro fuel pump, and some other good stuff to help. You should be safe running around 8 lbs on stock internals. This summer I'll get a kit similar to that but i'm building my internals. It's just something for now, turbo wise. I'll later upgrade when I get more moneys.

This is why you'll NEVER have a car worth mention.

^ You'll see. f*cking prick.

Prove me wrong then. Don't get butthurt because you can't get a f*cking job. I don't even LIVE with my parents and have done more in one week with my sh*t than you have in the entire time you've had your car. And I have BILLS.

busted...instead of slating the poor bugger, why didnt you advise him seeing as you thought his info was wrong? and from what you quoted of RepSol, 'it doesnt sound to me like he'll never have a car worth mention', but he will in time to come, as he is building up the internals, and gradually building up what will probably be a sorted turbo kit. So what if he is trying to save some time by getting a cheapish turbo kit, can you blame him that he can't wait to have more power? just cos he aint gotta well paid job to be able to go out and buy a sh*t hot kit of all well known reputable parts, not everyone has got thousands to spend.

you know what i reckon he will prove you wrong. and i cant wait to see it either.

And why don't you have a gander at the multitude of bashing that he went through as to why he shouldn't get that setup in the first place in his build thread?

Edit -- If he doesn't have the thousands to spend on a DECENT turbo kit from the getgo what makes you think he'll be able to afford good parts and labor on getting them put in, because I know Dylan well enough to know (even over the goddamn internet mind you) that he doesn't need to be f*cking with the internals of his engine.

And another edit -- If you HONESTLY think he's gonna' prove me wrong..well, you've got another thing coming. LMAO.

the way i look at it you get what you pay for. in my opinion that kit is gonan cost you alot in the end. possible a bad motor then you end up paying 2-3x more than you planned on just because it was cheap.

the way i look at it you get what you pay for. in my opinion that kit is gonan cost you alot in the end. possible a bad motor then you end up paying 2-3x more than you planned on just because it was cheap.

That very thing has been said so many times in this very thread.

Why can't people understand that? If your turbine shaft snaps and throws parts in your motor you'll really f*cking hate yourself.

He's set his aspirations too high for himself at this moment in time. He can't even find a job, which isn't a bad thing because in ANY state they're hard to find. I've been with mine for over three years and don't intend on leaving so..

Just gotta' take it one step at a time. But to buy an ebay grade turbo kit is just ASKING for trouble.

if you don't have the money now then he should wait anyway. it's not worth it in the long run to buy a $200 turbo now then upgrade to a $500, to a $700, to a $800 just because then you have the money. If you goal is to use an $800 turbo then save up and prep the motor for that turbo. You'd save yourself alot of money in the end.

Prove me wrong then. Don't get butthurt because you can't get a f*cking job. I don't even LIVE with my parents and have done more in one week with my sh*t than you have in the entire time you've had your car. And I have BILLS.

I'm just tired of people f*cking ragging on people for something they want. It's their car, their decision so let them do whatever the f*ck they want. I don't have to prove myself to anybody.

Nobody's saying anyone has to prove anything. All were trying to do is save you money further down the road. No point in buying an inferior product that can fuk stuff up when you can just save up and get the good one that isn't going to give you problems.

It's common sense.

your right. don't get me wrong though if you can find some good stuff for a less price jump on it. I'll tell you from experience take your time and don't rush it. If you rush it you'll be doin what i'm doin now, replacing a motor and tranny. I HAD a b16 in my car with a GT3076r untuned would of been a nice little set up i got to drive the car for about 2 weeks before i joined the military. My ol' man let a buddy of mine drive it to put gas in it about 1/8 mile drive it was fine. My ol' man took it for a drive and opened it up and pop she went. He said the boost gauge read about 28psi when the motor let go. When it let go it crack the tranny side of the block and come to find out cracked the top of the bell housing on the tranny. So i can't stress it enough take your time do some reading and don't jump on the first thing you see unless you've done some research on it already and it still seems like a good part.

Archived