turbo a d series

greendelsol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People have said you get what you pay for a lot in this thread, but I stand by how I put it:

You get no more than what you pay for. The internet is full of scam artists. Just cuz you pay 800 bucks doesn't mean it's worth that. It could very well be worth much less. You gotta pay the quality guaranteeing price if you want quality guaranteed to you.

As far as people "ragging on" other people for making poor decisions with their cars, I honestly think it's pretty justified. Tough love. Why would you not want advice from more experienced people than you? Sometimes it takes some harshness to pull someone away from an idea they're set on. And the last thing we want to see is an HF reg making a stupid decision with his baby and blowing it up. We're looking out for each other.

I just bought a Greddy kit for my car. [i have a D16Z6]. It's not a bad kit, but it wasn't the best one I could have gotten. I wanted something on the cheaper end for now, just to see how the car would handle, being on boost. So far, so good. I'll eventually upgrade.

Anyway, my point being, do your research before putting anything into your car. It's best to research, wait and then decide. All good things come to those who wait.

and i was woundering if its a good site or not?

he asked so he is gonna hear things!

I've been with mine for over three years and don't intend on leaving so..

Ben, do you do trucks too? I know this is off-topic people, but whatever!

here a couple pics of a turbo D im putting together. finishing it up tomorrow. if you guys would like , ill post pics of the finished product with a little video of it doing its thang at 11psi , lol. this is right after i put the engine in it.

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Nice threadjack, n00bs, haha.

Cranny, where do you get all these people that want you to do these things for them? When are you going to leave your job and open your own shop.

If you haven't done it by the time my friends open their shop I am going to recruit you. Be warned. You have 2-3 years.

i wouldnt call it a threadjack , it was really about nothing at all , lol. i anything its about turbo D's , which that is so. where do i get al these people? man im known around here , i got jobs left right and center always usually. slo at times. as soon as i get that civic out of there , i got another EG in my backyard right now waiting for my bay , lol. for an engine swap. theres quite a few cars around here riding around with a crannys customs sticker on it , lol , its a household name(forrest gump joke) , hehe.

i wouldnt call it a threadjack , it was really about nothing at all , lol. i anything its about turbo D's , which that is so. where do i get al these people? man im known around here , i got jobs left right and center always usually. slo at times. as soon as i get that civic out of there , i got another EG in my backyard right now waiting for my bay , lol. for an engine swap. theres quite a few cars around here riding around with a crannys customs sticker on it , lol , its a household name(forrest gump joke) , hehe.

Hey....what better way to advertise your skill and quality than buy having a K swapped civic. I bet that will come in handy if anybody ever questions the quality of your work. I'll let you do a k swap in my car (for free) so you can have some free advertising in the Missouri area. I wouldn't offer that to anybody, but you're a pretty cool guy :thumbsup:

sorry I wasn't clear...I mean truck/semi-trailer...the ones that carry food and such so they need AC...and they have "stops" all throughout the country...I've seen stops here in Cali on the way to Arizona...they break down and the food goes bad too because of it...or just complications...like, I think, if they stick the food packages too far and doesn't have room in between the walls and the food...

lol I'm still not clear...but you get what I'm wondering: do you want to/do fix those too?

OH, like trailer chillers and all that.

No we don't really work on those too often. We occasionally get one to tune up but it's generally off of the trailer by which point.

thanks guys for support. hey hung youl hate me , lol , cause we are far away and of course the chances of me working on your car is nill and none , lol. but if i had your car here right now , and you gave me 5200 bucks , i could give you back your car with a K20A2 in it , including Kpro , hybrid harness , and mount kit. done , everything. i know of a few cheap swaps around right now , teehehe.

got the turbo D hatch all together and running tonite , im tired , will post pics and a little vid tomorrow guys. runs mint.

I honestly might make a road trip up your way to get the sol worked on by you some day, Cranny. That is, unless I can convince you to move down to Ohio to work for my buddies, haha.

haha , i wish john. i got a wife and 2 kids so , that would be a big step in life , lol. i took it fo a drive last night when i was done , it was breaking traction BIG time in 3rd gear , just wouldnt put any down at all , and thats on 6psi , lol. its basetuned for 11 , lol. im scared to race him , lol. i think hel take the K swap with a D , aint that somin.

Archived