just got an accord

94showstopper

i just bought a 1994 accord light blue i love it..i kno its a v-tec i think 2.2l not sure is that a 22b or what? i dont know if thats a dumb ?..im kinda new to imports..when it comes down to speed its alright i beat a couple cars (mazda 6, rx-7 2nd gen and some civics)...but i want it a lil faster.. any ideas? that dont require alot of $$$ lol..and let me kno any info u guys know about this car...btw i got it for $3000 with 115k miles was it a good deal?

What he said ^^^

Any followup questions, feel free to ask, but just know that you can search for most of the stuff you want to know, and get quicker answers.

Price was decent.

thanks man..do u guys know any good sites to get that stuff at? and what kind of engine is it that i have? is it a good one?

thanks man..do u guys know any good sites to get that stuff at? and what kind of engine is it that i have? is it a good one?

if the model is a DX or LX, it's a f22b2, non VTEC (130hp). if its an EX then it's a f22b1 VTEC (145hp) both are ok with more torque than hp. an h22 swap would be a reliable way to go faster.

your case, go all motor...

thats mega lame on a f22b1 or 2. if you keep the motor, turbo after doing a buttload of research. or just use nitrous, which can be safe, reliable, and fast if done correctly.

Hi, noob also

i just purchased a 93 EX F22a6 w/ 135k and what looks like an all stock engine. I also own a LS400 which has a bad tranny (2nd in 2 years... neglect) So i am really worried about the tranny since I know that Honda engines are world class. I check a lot of sites honda-tech.com superhonda.com but they all seem to not mention tranny issues.

Is this common (no tranny issues)? I saw a post stating that the tranny should last the life of the car but i am very careful now.

Thanks for any feedback. I'll post pics soon.

Worst case I've ever had in ANY of the six different honda transmission's I've had in various cars is a bad 3rd gear syncro. And this is in my most recent car which is all original with over 200,000 miles on it.

Transmission problems are most common in the early V6's (6th gens), although over time, any automatic is going to develop issues. The maunal tranny's are definately solid no matter what 4-cyl Honda you have though...

Archived