The all new knight rider

Rick B.

lame....shoulda used this car:

hppp_0607_2009_trans_am_concept_z.jpg

Except for the fact that the concept you just posted is 100% fake. A loyal Firebird owner Photoshopped the concept for the new Camaro as if they were going to produce the Firebird again on the same chassis. As far as I've heard, the Firebird will not be making a comeback. If it does, it is going to ruin history. 1967 the Camaro and Firebird were released, in 1969 the Trans Am was released. If they were going to make a comeback, the Firebird technically should be returning with the Camaro and the Trans Am two years later. And that picture really made it's round on the internet.

It would have been a sick car though.

The only Ford worth buying.

2004FordMustangCobra.jpg

That GTO is also just a concept. I don't pay much attention to GTO/Holden, but from what I heard last, the GTO is done in America. I just dislike the fact that they would even think of using anything, but a Firebird for KITT. It is like saying Optimus Prime in "normal" Transformers being the truck and them making the movie and he was a Miata. Something like that, just complete opposites that could ruin "history."

2004FordMustangCobra.jpg

Thank you sirrrrr!

Only Mustang I'd own. Lololol. Bolt on's getting 500whp. About 3K getting 600 or more depending on how you use it. Cheap live-axle swap and boooooooooooooooooong, you got a badass track car.

Maybe the new GT500. MAYBE.

2005-Ford-GT-2.jpg

Fixed.

Mustangs are great if you love driving straight, awkwardly placed shifters, and have a thing for interiors made out of tupperware :fool:

I disagree. I wouldn't waste my money on a Ford GT. I would do one of two things; first would be to get a cheap car to turn into a full track car, second would be to buy a GT2 and put a little money into it. I would most likely go with option two, mainly because they are my favorite cars and it would be much more lethal on the track.

And you comment on the interior. You think Corvettes are any nicer? What about F-Bodies? Cheap interiors, cheap!

I was always rather fond of the Mustang's shifter location. I had a 94 that I enjoyed the hell out of. Then again, it had an MGW-Shortshifter with rotatable upperhalf. I could bring it as close to me as I wanted.

A hell of a lot better than an EP3's LOL.

I actually also like the way Mustang shifters are. The 1999(ish) 4.6L I test drove was so easy to drive and so smooth to shift. It depends a lot on the shift knob too, I drove my friend's 1996 4.6L and it had a huge ball shift knob, I didn't enjoy how that shifted.

The Tremec 3650 tranny is nice. Really easy to bend the shift forks on. Most of the aftermarket shifters have adjustable shift-stops so you don't overthrow.

And for the record, the general layout of all mustang interiors between 94/04 are the same..just different materials.

Most GT's in stock form have a standard black/gray leather shift knob.. the V6's came equipped with a plastic knob color matched to the interior.

It may have been aftermarket. I hate a huge shift knob. I'm partial to Mugen/Spoon or Skunk2.

And you comment on the interior. You think Corvettes are any nicer? What about F-Bodies? Cheap interiors, cheap!

Exactly :D

As far as American companies go, you can't use the words "really fast car" and "nice interior" in the same sentence.

At least GM is trying to fix this with the C6 interior. Not as plastic-y.

The C6 Z06 is actually quite fast no matter how you look at it. It outperforms 70% of most imports in a straight line, and let's not forget it's quite a contender on a twisty track even with it's dated suspension setup.

I love a Cobra, but after owning my first F-body I must say, they've grown on me.

They're bang for the buck cars of the V8/2door persuasion.

Archived