Honda Prelude vs. Acura TL

Ok I know the Acura would win this race, but I want to know how close it would be. No upgrades to the cars, both stock. I have a 1998 Honda Prelude, and my mom has a 2005 Acura TL. The Acura has a 3.2 V-Tec. Now consider if you could add upgrades to it. Would the Prelude be faster then, or would the TL still be? Either way both are fast, and when i turn sixteen i'll have a nice little selection of cars to have fun with.

Don't discredit the TL.

It may actually be more even than you think.

What do you mean? Like the TL would be faster then the Honda if both had upgrades. I did say the TL would definently be faster stock, but i think the Honda would be faster even if both had upgrades.

03/04 is the exception to the rule. :)

12 seconds out of the box. Really reliable setup as long as you don't intend on running 100+mph speeds for any period of the time. The pistons don't really like that. I've only heard of holes being put in them from doing said runs.

The IRS is the bitch in those cars. Makes it almost impossible to launch if you take it to a track.

Legacy GT is what I'm wanting to get for the family car (wife's main car) when she graduates. It will be the slightly modded fast daily family car. I'll still need a toy when I get rid of the teggy :) 03-04 Cobras are the Supra's of the domestics. They are way overbuilt from the factory and can handle crazy power without any major internal mods.

Only flaw with the 03/04 Cobra's is engine size. Strap an eaton blower to any LSx F-body car and boom. You have the crap.

I myself have seen stagesix motorsports in jacksonville take a Cobra, twinturbo it on factory internals and make 700whp after all was said and done.

On stock internals, that's outstanding.

Archived