Ain't a Honda, but .. It'll do.

Ben.

Couple of pictures of my most recent aquisition. I missed the one I had something fierce, so I went and got another. This one was mad cheap, didn't have a radio in it..has a relatively poor exterior and the interior is sorta messed up. I can fix most of it. The most major issue is the fact that the SES light is on. Dunno why, it had the previous owner wigged out. Sold it low; said it was consuming abnormal amounts of gas. Had to do a little riding to get it but I got it. ANd I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Not as fast as my last one, nor as smooth but; give me a little time with it and it'll be great.

Maybe I'll put away some money for a blower setup for this one.

Vehicle sports a side-exhaust system I'll check out, it was similar to the one I put on my last one, although I dunno the brand. I think it's Spintech. Piping looks grotesque, it isn't a kit at all.

Also sports a mild chop of the factory springs in the front.

1d75b69c.jpg

c1c4c31c.jpg -- ON a jobsite earlier.

Couple with it's new relative --

ad56ac8a.jpg

c99168b6.jpg

Now for the problems:

Scraped fender -- fe07b2bb.jpg

Huge dent in rear bumper from trailer jack-knife, apparently -- c362588b.jpg

Weird fading of the gas cap cover and surrounding area -- f2767a23.jpg

Torn seat -- 1a6ecbaa.jpg

Oxidation on cab -- 1d3ab84c.jpg

SES Light .. Gonna go get this checked out --

da016a99.jpg

my credit doesn't permit it. i barely got the trans am. i own the integra flat out and i'll be able to pay for the truck fairly quickly for as cheap as it is. if anything when i'm done with the teg i'll sell it and by which point i pray to have good enough credit to get something NICE.

^lolercows.

This one isn't beyond complete repair. Rear bumpers aren't hard to find. There is no rust, the seat can be reupholstered and I'm sure the SES light is nothing. It runs strong, and is very useful for the line of work I do.

Well, lines of work I do.. Between HVAC-R and Tiling..I pretty much need a truck.

That's true. You do seem like someone who will actually use his truck, and I respect that.

It actually doesn't look like a big deal at all. If it were me I'd only worry about the SES light and be content with a bit of a banged up truck. That's practically what they're for. It adds character.

lolol @ some guy saying

"damn son, that's a baller ass work truck"

if only he knew i rode around the whole time listening to exhaust because it had no radio.

(which i fixed that problem today.)

I'm not sure if I will or not.

If anything, I'll just lower it a little bit to make the rear more accessible and make it easier for a trailer to connect to. Maybe get some beefier leaf springs out back.

The only reason I didn't hunt a lightning is because I can't stand two-doors. At least in the back I can tote refrigerant gauges without f*cking my head up.

Ford did good with the supercharged 5.4 setup in the Lightning. 02+ Harley F150's had blowers. My last '00 had a blower, but it was aftermarket with smaller pulleys. Had some bolt on's.

That one's actually a 2000. Prior to 02, the Harley F150's were made in EXT cab status, non supercharged.

I'd gladly trade for an 03 but .. this one fits my needs. I don't need a crew cab.

That one's actually a 2000. Prior to 02, the Harley F150's were made in EXT cab status, non supercharged.

I'd gladly trade for an 03 but .. this one fits my needs. I don't need a crew cab.

oww,.. to me they all look da same, as we dont have many big trucks like that on our roads.

I've driven friend's Harley F150, beautiful 2 tone colour, vivid black with sterling silver.. That thing goes like a clapper, huh..

Yeah, there were a bunch of people for out his way at the school I went to in France last summer. They mostly spoke great English but used some crazy-ass slang.

The first night me and my roommate (an Indian guy studying in Singapore) and I talked to our host mother for like 3 hours all in French (much wine was involved) and as we were going upstairs he turns to me and goes, "Dude, we just spoke French for like 3 hours! I am so kicked!"

Archived