what is the best engine to start with

so youre swapping a fwd honda motor into a rwd mazda truck? but if you want something high revving and a lot of power get an s2000 motor. im guessing you have money to spend and have lots of skill or know someone who does

just a heads up, its VTEC, v-tech is a type of phone

if you really want a VTEC honda motor, buy a honda. its way more efficient than trying to swap a honda motor into a mazda truck. they dont make any mounts or conversion harnesses for it so basically everything would be custom

thats the whole deal i dont want to do that. i want to be different i have all the machines to do anything possible its what motor can i make into a rwd tranny onto

the S2000's F20C motor might work.

i also want a slp shifter seqential gear box the one were you push up and down

Sounds to me like you're talking about what is known as a ratchet shifter.

ALSO sounds to me like you need to look elsewhere for one. Try B&M, they're liable to be more help than a site full of people who're bashing you because you're wanting v-tec engineering AND rotary design.

I'm not trying to be rude here, so please don't take this as bashing.

If you have the know how and ability to do a swap like this......you wouldn't need advice on which is best and what should be done. The ability to custom fab a complete swap far supersedes the ability to know what to look for in a motor.

If you are infact having a shop do this, then you should be talking to the shop about what they think would work best. By the way....I've seen a truck with a F20C (S2000) drivetrain and pretty sure it was a mazda truck, so if you are trying to be unique, even the swap you are talking about isn't going to make it happen.

Don't remember. Pretty sure it was in a mag awhile back. Your best bet (IMO) would be to do the F20C swap since it's already a FR setup. If you can fab up the mounts and do the wiring, fab up suspension parts, etc....I say go for it. It would make a really cool sleeper.

Archived