Lambo doors

ducttape2334

i was just wondering if anybody has lambo doors on their del sol. I like the look my only hold back is the difficulty of getting in and out. I have money to blow and i want to do something to the look of the car and this came to mind

i dont think anyone on this forum has done them, and people are going to freak out on you for wanting to do it. but if you do decide to check out lsddoors.com. you dont want to cheap out on these and get an ebay brand and have the door fall on you while youre getting out

Go for it. This will be fabulously expensive and make people call you a ricer, but oh well. I personally have no problem with them on del sols. Least they ain't civics.

I bet if you knew what you were doing you could buy the parts necessary to make this happen from Home Depot for a fraction of what a kit costs. I'm gonna experiment with that when I get a beater project car someday.

.....are ricy as hell. and no longer original. but if you are hellbent on inferior door hinge construction and looking like an idiot every time you exit or enter you car... then go for it.

i already do...being 6'3" and getting outta of a del sol is interesting as is haha

my friend is installing lambos on his cobalt next month so i am gonna wait and see if i like them and how easy it is to get in and out of

i like suicide doors. i always thought doors should open that way to begin with, so you can just open the door and walk, rather than open and turn weird then walk around the door to get out of the car

figured i would tell you all this. I told my mom i was thinking about this and she said and i quote "why can't you just switch the doors around?" I had a good laugh at that one.

i am still looking for a kit online. i have found "universal" ones but those will require the same amount of machining to make them fit as making my own

if you are that tall get the 90 degree ones.personally i wouldnt put it on a sol your roof is going to leak due to how the weather stripping is. it cost 1500 dollars to get installed cuz how they bolt inside the fender and the clambs and what not are heavy going to add alot more weight to your car. And there not good for a daily driver bc they become a pain in the ass..

i like suicide doors. i always thought doors should open that way to begin with, so you can just open the door and walk, rather than open and turn weird then walk around the door to get out of the car

+1

you being tall isnt good for lambos my brother has them on his sol you kno dk93delsol anywayz hes 6 3 and hit his head everytime get in and out cuz of the tint side windows and he has teh full 90 degree doors not the cheap half ass 60 degree ones and his roof leaks cuz of how it bend the brand new weather stripping.thank to god he is taking them off he is mad cuz it was a waste of 3500 bucks. 1500 installed and tehn 800 for the doors and then some money in for the supports and the getting them powdercoated. so i wouldnt do it but thats up to you

yah your roof is going to leak like hell. If you open your doors with your windows up it eventually bends and deforms the weatherstripping. Its not practical for a daily driver, who is tall, and how the del sol has weathere stripping around that area.bad idea. and not to mention it seriously gay and heavy

Archived