Photoshop

Hope someone can help. Its been awhile since I used the program. I have Paint shop pro 9. I can get another program if needed. Well to get on the topic Im a Artist and scan alot of my art to edit but my problem is getting a straight/curve lines without it looking all pixelated seen here in one of my drawings (ex:Scanned and then out lined in MS Paint) I use MS paint for my outlines only. That way I can use the Wand tool and highlight my outline and not the rest of the pencil shades. If here there a better way of doing it, please let me know. Thanks for the help.

AND I NOW JUST NOTICED THIS IS POSTED IN THE WRONG SPOT ITS LIKE 2AM MY BAD! lol NO NEED TO POINT IT OUT THANK YOU :)

syfabyspawnerba1.jpg

Something I just did to give a Idea.

outline1ig5.png

Key to making curved lines is blurring them. Hit up google and look at some other line art that people have done and take a zoomed in look at the lines. You should notice that they are not just pixels of black, but black and about 50 shades of gray all the way down. This gives curves at more rounded look as it tricks the brain. Better graphics programs will allow you to line your scanned images and will apply this shading automatically when you line them in so that your curved lines will appear curved and not a jagged row of pixels.

If you want something to work with initially, GIMP is a great program and it is a free download. It's not as good as photoshop, but for a free disto you can't beat it.

Archived