22mpg?

linuxman

whats the deal! I've heard people pull 30+ mpg out of these things. I know I've driven a little.... "spiritedly" lately but I dont drive THAT hard... whats normal fuel mileage for these cars? Mines an H23A1 btw.

i would expect 25-30 max if you were driving it like a grandma

with my h22a prelude with I/H/E I could get 28 all highway, or my normal driving method i got 18-20 :D

fill up on 91 octane, get an I/H/E and drive like a granny. and to really step it up, dont downshift while slowing down, just put it in neutral and coast, coast down hills in neutral, never run the a/c if you have it, and get a good tune up.

I would venture a guess that he was crying because you were complaining about 22mpg with "spirited driving" and he couldn't get 20mpg if he idled his car downhill with a tailwind.

driving around with the AC on and getting bad mpg has not really be proven enough to convince me yet. Think about it, when you drive around with your windows down, you are getting mean down force on the rear of the car with all of the air that comes inside the cabin. it's kinda like pushing a sail boat into the wind. roll the windows up and leave the ac off and i think you will see a difference, not much, but it all adds up. oh yeah, if it's in the summer time, you'll sweat your arse doing that. hahaha.

• 1 year later...

I have the h23 and i average about 35 mpg. I can go for ages on the highway though. I kinda kill it in the city. And no that wasn't a typo. I did mean to say 35. I also baby my car, clean it regularly and change my oil. I hit upper 20s if im driving like an ass. Which is kinda common.

I have the h23 and i average about 35 mpg. I can go for ages on the highway though. I kinda kill it in the city. And no that wasn't a typo. I did mean to say 35. I also baby my car, clean it regularly and change my oil. I hit upper 20s if im driving like an ass. Which is kinda common.

7 month old post noob

Archived